Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portrait - a copy?

Hello
    I sold a pic which i bought from a user here on forum. A portrait with helmet Nr.1. The buyer tells me now, that the pics is obviously a copy because it does not shine under the bluelight.Let me know your opinion, thank you,
    https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...tcard-for-sale
    Greetings

I thought when it shines under black light, than it is a copy. So if it doesn’t shine....that would be a good sign.

The photo on the estand I doesn’t give me any red flags. Do you have a scan of the back?

Regards, Thomas

Comment

You are right, i mixed the light... the buyer told me it shine under black light. Maybe the buyer wants to post a Scan of the backside?

Comment

I was hoping some else would also reply in this thread, but so far nobody did, so I reply first.

Tobau, I’m still not convinced that this photo is a fake. It is different paper compared to the four postcards, but I don’t see the fluorescent in the paper. Looks just white.

Can you show a photo in daylight of the back and maybe redo the black light test with just the photo in question with a dark background.

Some fake are easy to spot, others are not. Somethings the black light test is negative, but the photo is still fake. With a €200,- SS portrait photo you should be more careful, than with a €2 snapshot. But for both of you it would be a shame if a original is marked fake.

I also hope others will reply. I found this website, maybe it helps with running a black light test.

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/www.spor...lectibles/amp/

Anyways I wish you both a good day and a nice weekend!

Regards, Thomas

Comment

Nice original for me as well

Excellent portrait by the way, comes from very reliable UK collection, few versions of this rare image exist on the market - all real

Comment

More.
            100% postwar.It shines like a christmas-tree!No different to the today paper and a big different to the period ones.I know a lot of reliable collections with fake items in this!
            Attached Files

Comment

unfortunately a personal portrait, known photo, not an original for me

Comment

Hello,

difficult, but i think it´s not original

Greetings
                Oliver

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X