Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kampfgeschwader "General Wever" 4 - Unteroffizier Heinz Haspel

Hi,

I picked up a small group to a Unteroffizier Heinz Haspel who served in I, II and III Gruppe of Kampfgeschwader "General Wever" 4.

Any comments appreciated.

EK II signed by General der Flieger Joachim Coeler.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ffs in bronze signed by Hans Joachim Rath.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ffs in silver signed by Dr. Gottlieb Wolff.
        Attached Files

Comment

EK I signed by Robert Ritter von Griem.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Any thoughts on for what the EK II was awared for in August 1941 ?

Comment

Hi Karol,

On the 15.10.1940 III./KG4 became III./KG30. Three month later (15.01.1941) it reformed again into III. Gruppe in Leeuwarden (the Netherlands). First Stab, 7. and 8. Staffel were formed and it took until the 17.05.1941 before the 9. Staffel was reformed.

III.Gruppe stayed in Leeuwarden till the end of June and then moved to Beauvois (France) where it would stay for a short three weeks with the whole Geschwader. On the 17th of July the whole Geschwader moved to the East (Königsberg-Prowehren, Ostpreussen). From here they would participate in the first raid on Moskau on the 21th of July 1941. After the raid(s) on Moskau they would participate in minelaying mission in the Ostsee. On the 8th of August they moved to Korowje-Selo and be part of I. Fliegerkorps.

My guess is that he received the EKII for participating in these early missions of the reformed III. Gruppe.

Why it would take him till the end of April 1942 before he would receive the Spange in Bronze I would not know. III. Gruppe would stay active until the 15th of November with attacking rail and convoy targets, before it would move to Fassberg to be converted to the He111 H6. They got back to the front in April 1942. When did Haspel moved to I.KG4 we do not know. But one would suspect that III. and I. Gruppe would have flown enough mission in Russia In 1941 to have them earn the Bronze Spange.

Nice group and interesting to see he was part of all three operational Gruppe of KG4.

Regards, Thomas

Comment

Thank you Thomas.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X