Sepp Dietrich signature and LAH grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sepp Dietrich signature and LAH grouping

This week I have made arrangements to purchase a Sepp Dietrich signature on an original war time photo; along with other LAH photos part of the grouping.

I believe the dealer to be very reputable. For the sake of me me learning here; it is my opinion the signature appears to be consistent, and the ink to be of the period. The photo I question is Sepp on the skis. What are your opinions?
    Attached Files

No; it's not original and don't touch any signature there, almost all of his signatures are fake, with excemption of some postwar ones.

Comment

I'm not getting a warm feeling either. Which dealer is this?

Comment

Militaria Relics. After further research into previous sales, he had a signed Michael Wittmann photo on almost the exact same photo album sheet.

Comment

Fake. Please compare it with originals.

Comment

Terrible fake. Cheap-o...

Comment

Can anyone please explain to me how they can immediately spot the forgery? Fortunately, I was able to save my money this time. However, I would like to learn from this. I compared the signature to other proven examples.

Comment

Can anyone please explain to me how they can immediately spot the forgery? Fortunately, I was able to save my money this time. However, I would like to learn from this. I compared the signature to other proven examples.

Comment

I started off 20 years ago mainly collecting LAH documents and photos. Looking back, I think I learnt spotting original Sepp signatures by building a collection of award and promotion docs with examples of original signatures. Over time you get then hang of those and can spot a real one from 5 miles away. But yeah, it all comes down to experience. Same issue with Michael Wittmann. I probably have more than 10 original signatures of "Michel" from the estate so everything I see on dealer sites I can immediately judge in a matter of 1-2 seconds...(trained eye comes over time only)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X