Hitler Painting or Sketch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Painting or Sketch?

The seller said he thinks this is a painting but looks like a pencil sketch to me. Could this be a period piece? If yes, value range?

I am no expert. That being said to me it looks like a print of a pencil sketch. Based off the paper used, it does look period however. I'm interested in hearing what more experienced members say.

Good luck,
    Taylor

Comment

IMO impossible to say when this was drawn. Paper can be period but many blank period ww2 papers around.

Comment

I agree that this looks like a print of a pencil sketch...a sketch done by a talented artist. As Yurbani said: "impossible to say when this was drawn," and a print of a sketch would have no value without knowing who the artist was, and something about when the print was made. But again, a nice sketch from a talented artist.

Br. James

Comment

This sketch, of course, is of Hitler in his wartime uniform, from 1939 onward, and this format of the Führer looking toward heaven for inspiration was a common theme during the war years, used in all sorts of renderings.

Br. James

Comment

I guess the signature isn't anyone known?

Comment

This is a black and white rendering of a painting by the artist Paul Schuppich which was published by the Robert Roehr Verlag. It is not an uncommon image of the period. The color postcard is
              number 6435 in the Roehr catalogue. The image shown by the OP is a print version also printed by Roehr.

Hope this helps.

Ramon

Comment

Scan 588.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by ramon View Post
                  This is a black and white rendering of a painting by the artist Paul Schuppich which was published by the Robert Roehr Verlag. It is not an uncommon image of the period. The color postcard is
                  number 6435 in the Roehr catalogue. The image shown by the OP is a print version also printed by Roehr.

Hope this helps.

Ramon
                  Thank you!

Comment

I just came across this same sketch, in black-and-white post card format, published by "Verlag Rob. Röhr, Magdeburg," on Pete Whamond's website -- The Collector's Guild.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X