Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldpost-Nr. Panzer-Abteilung Adria

Dear all<O></O>

I am doing some research on Panzer-Abt. Adria, which was in northern <ST1lace w:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Italy</st1:country-region></ST1lace> in 1944-1945; I know that the unit had the Feldpost-Nr. 66047 until 24.11.1944.<O></O>

Can anyone tell:<O></O>

- when this Feldpost nr. was introduced; <O></O>

- which Feldpost Nr. did the unit get after November 1944;<O></O>

- is any data on the unit organisation (number of companies) to be gained from its FPNr.?<O></O>

<O> </O>

Thanks in advance <O></O>

Stefano<O></O>

www.panzer-ozak.it <O></O>

Stefano

I searched but found this was the only number for them.It seems that the Stab was 66047 A and the Panzer-Zug was 66047 B and that was all the Pz.Abt.Adria consisted of...

Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian<O></O>

I assume Panzer-Zug is not “tank platoon” but “armoured train”, since there was in fact a “behelfsmaessiger (= improvised) Panzerzug Adria” in the region … in which case it is rather strange to find an armoured train subordinated to a Panzer-Abteilung-Stab … <O></O>

Stefano<O></O>

Comment

According to the Feldpostübersicht FP Nr. 66047 was introduced 14.10.1944. and it belonged to Stab Panzer-Abteilung Adria u. Panzer-Zug Adria (behelfsmäßig).

I can not find anything else at the moment except:

Adria
        Panzer-Abteilung Adria, Oktober 44
        Behelfsmäßiger Panzerzug "Adria". 1945
        Unterstellung: Heeresgruppe C

Stab/H.Küsten-Artillerie-Kommandeur Adria
        siehe: H.Küsten-Artillerie-Regimentsstab 110, Juni 44

Admiral Adria, 1943-44
        Marine-Einsatz-Kommando Adria
        Marine-Ersatz-Abteilung (Kompanie ) Adria, März 45
        Marine-Festungs-Pionierstab Adria, 1944-45

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Stefano,

You mention a date which is mentioned in the Feldpostübersicht, however you have read it incorrectly.

(23.4.1944-24.11.1944) 14.10.1944 Stab Panzer-Abteilung Adria u. Panzer-Zug Adria (behelfsmäßig).

The date means that it was formed during the period 23.4.1944 to 24.11.1944, not when it was in use....in fact the actual date of introduction is 14.10.1944 (date of introduction not always known!). That does not necessarily mean the unit was formed on that date but the first date it was put into the Feldpost list.
          As there is no cancellation date it would have been used until the end of the war.

/Ian (J)
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks very much Ian (J) for clarifying the matter.
            Stefano

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X