tropic uniforms in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tropic uniforms in Europe?

Does anyone have pics of tropical uniforms being worn in Europe? I have seen one of an officer in 21st Panzer wearing his tunic with Afrikakorps cufftitle in Normandy, but know of no others.
    Steve

No-one?

Comment

Steve,

I suppose when you say Europe you mean photos of Tropical Uniforms taken in the Northern France, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway etc. Tropical uniforms were heavily worn in Italy and Southern France and what I consider part of Europe. I may have some photos...I will have to dig through my collection. Bill

Comment

Grüß Gott und G'day Steve,

Yes, tropical unifroms were issued to troops stationed in the warmer climates of southern Europe...France, Italy, Yugoslavia, Greece, and Russia. Here is an example photo for you of a trio of Gebirgsjägers with their "Catches of the Day" (Anyone know what kind of fish those are?) in the Kuban region of southern Russia. The Jäger on the left is sporting a Tropical Field Cap, Ex-French Army Tropical Shirt with Button-down collar, Tropical Shorts and Jackboots. Our Gebirgler (Mountain dweller) in the middle is in "Shirtless Order" and proudly wears his wool Bergmütze, Tropical Shorts and a pair of Wehrmacht issue slippers...or maybe local purchase. Finally on the right, our Oberjäger is also wearing his wool Bergmütze, Tropical Tunic and Pants, plus his heavily cleated Bergschuhe (Mountain Boots).
        Attached Files

Comment

They're Sturgeon Patrick. Famed for caviar.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

During spring and summer, German soldiers in Albania would wear the short-sleeved tropical uniforms because of the high temperatures in southeastern Europe. Here's two pics from a couple that I have of German soldiers during the occupation of Albania.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, sorry about that "Down Under" view of what Europe appears to be! Correct Bill, I meant Northern Europe. Don't forget, things can sometimes appear upside down to us down here
              Any pics would be good !

Patrick, that is a fantastic pic! Thats the kind of mix'n'match I am looking for. I bet they were popular blokes at the hut that night.

Besian, they are nice photo's. The bloke in the pic on the right has a HUGE pair of shorts! They are more in the fashion of British style than the usual tighter and shorter German shorts. Good one
              Thanks guys, any pics of this subject in Northern France out there?
              Cheers,
              Steve
              Originally posted by W Petz
              Steve,

I suppose when you say Europe you mean photos of Tropical Uniforms taken in the Northern France, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway etc. Tropical uniforms were heavily worn in Italy and Southern France and what I consider part of Europe. I may have some photos...I will have to dig through my collection. Bill
              Last edited by afrika; 09-02-2005, 05:36 PM.

Comment

I want to bring this subject up. I am looking for 3rd pattern tropical tunics in wear in Europa, Sudfront, Russia, every where? I have been through the forum and found very little, so came across this thread. J

Comment

Hello all,
                  An interesting question, but I am not sure if the request is for strictly Heer uniform? I attach some, admittedly poor quality, photos of a Luftwaffe parade somewhere in Continental Europe. They are notable for the fact that one half of the parade are wearing tropical and one half temperate uniforms. Off subject? I do not know, but curious even so,
                  Kerry.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And now the best of the bunch, showing the blue-clad section,
                    Kerry.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting pics, thanx for sharing. The luftwaffe tropicals is much easier to find, especially in Italy. I am more interested in Heer tunics? Especially portriats. J

Comment

Seems pics of these are nearly impossible to find?

Comment

Nice Luftwaffe pics Kerry- perhaps a handover parade of some sort? Maybe another unit heading south???

Not off topic- all branches.

Comment

Hi,

From a Stabsarzt album who served with 16 Pz. Division in Italy.

Cheers,
                            Larry
                            Attached Files

Comment

Again.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X