EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original Knight's Cross awarding document?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Knight's Cross awarding document?

Hi guys,

I've seen this KC awarding document for sale. Since I never had one of these, I hope you can help.
    Description says a slip of paper was glued over the recipients name and an attempt to remove that slip of paper was crudely attempted.

Since I can't read the name and there was nobody awarded on the 1st of July 1944 with "NETT" in his name, I searched for men who were awarded on the 1st of July 1944. I found these names:

- Ludwig Becker
    - Werner Blume
    - Kurt Brändle
    - Karl Gratz
    - Alfred Grislawski
    - Günther Hannak
    - Reinhold Knacke
    - Rudolf Müller
    - Ernst-Wilhelm Reinert
    - Siegfried Simsch
    - Karl Steffen

The first name on the document appears to be Kurt... Could it be Kurt Brändle's document?

I'm looking forward to your opinions.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    Attached Files

Kurt for sure and the lenght for Brändle would also fit well, sad what happened to this document.

Comment

Does the document itself look original to you? To me it does but I'm most certainly not an expert on these haha!

Comment

I agree with Robert that the first name of the soldier is Kurt. It is almost certain that it is Kurt Brändle
        who had the rank of Hauptmann while receiving the knight's cross. If untouched that would be a very valuable document
        from a high scoring fighter ace. I wonder what idiot put a sticker on top of the original awardee, such a shame.
        If you can buy it cheap i would recommend you to bring it to a professional lab where they restore and repair antique paper.
        Some institutes are very good at that and you would be surprised by the outcome... The repair will be very time consuming and will cost you
        some money but that document is worth it.

Jelle

Comment

agree with Jelle, very good chances for a good restorer but all pending on the price tag for this map

Comment

I've contacted a local paper restorer and sent them some pictures. They told me l would get a reply by the end of the day. I'm very curious!

Comment

Originally posted by BKEHV View Post
              I've contacted a local paper restorer and sent them some pictures. They told me l would get a reply by the end of the day. I'm very curious!
              Your aware its not made of paper?

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post

Your aware its not made of paper?
                The company works with all kinds of materials. So it's not just a paper restorer...

Comment

Be careful. Interesting story: A German militaria dealer once had a damaged Grand Cross Case. He found out who made the cases during the NS times and brought it to him for repair. That person threw the case on the floor and stepped on it, saying he wanted nothing to do with the Nazi items. So just make sure the guy restoring it doesn't have a latent grudge to impede the quality of his work.

Comment

So why would someone put Unteroffizier ????Nett on a famous recipient's Urkunde?

Comment

Originally posted by BKEHV View Post

The company works with all kinds of materials. So it's not just a paper restorer...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X