Sepp Dietrich signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sepp Dietrich signature

Dirty and worn but still a nice document signed by Sepp Dietrich.

Feel free to comment.

I believe this document is authentic but it is my honest opinion that this is not Sepp Dietrich's autograph, instead, probably that of one of his junior officers signing for him. Stylistically the signature on this document in no way resembles known authenticated examples of Sepp Dietrich's signature.

Comment

I'm not sure but I think it might be good.
      Dietrich is a difficult signature to verify as if I recall correctly Dietrich's signature changed during the third reich period.
      I seem to remember there were 3 accepted different Dietrich signatures and the signature in the original post certainly 'resembles' one of those.

Comment

Gentlemen - The document and signature are certainly real. Whether or not Sepp Dietrich actually signed this by his own hand has always been a mistery to me and none of the old staff officers I asked could tell me more about this style signature.
        (Personally I believe it is his own handwriting). It's certainly the right signature for the time frame. The doc having been issued to the old 1. Kompanie definitely makes up for the poor condition !

Comment

Looks like Sepp Dietrich's handwriting to me.

Comment

Thanks for comfirming. I never had any doubts about the authenticy but I know that Sepp Dietrich used at least three different signatures, among them sutterlin.
            Here another doc I found in my drawer with a different signature of Sepp D.
            Attached Files

Comment

Another from the same year showing exactly same signature style during this period. Not mine and shown to illustrate corresponding characteristics only.
              Dietrich signature 2.jpg

OP
              WAF signature.jpg

Comment

And another one in the same time frame:
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's the thread from years ago that I always think of when I see Dietrich signatures pop up on this forum.

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...rich-signature

As you can see it shows the variation in Dietrich's signature but also shows examples that match the signature in the original post.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X