Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross 2nd class and wound badge silver in Poland - Schützenregiment 33

Hello everybody,

my name is Albrecht and I'm from Germany. Maybe some of you know me from the Militaria Fundforum. My focus are groupings of the German cross in Gold, but I also collect other interesting groups and personalized uniforms and headgear.

My start in WAF is showing you this small group.

Early iron cross 2nd class certificate, issued in the small village Serokomla in early October 1939. At that time there was a fight between Polish partisans and the German Wehrmacht. In retaliation, 32 Polish soldiers and partisan-suspects were shot by the Wehrmacht authorities. Signed by Generalleutnant Paul Otto, recipient of the German Cross in silver.

On September 12, Krause was seriously wounded in the Radom area. For this first wound, he was immediately given the wound badge in silver. Losing an extremity is very presumably. A wound badge in silver is extremely rare in the Polish campaign. With signature of knights cross holder Major Dr. Martin Prüschel.

I hope you like it.

Best wishes
    Albrecht
    Attached Files

Very nice

Comment

Welcome to the forum Albrecht.

You're right, a VWA in silver from the Polish campaign is very rare indeed. Thank you for showing.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank you for your opinion. Does somebody know how much VWA silver were issued during the Polish Campaign?

Kind regards from Germany
        Albrecht

Comment

Nice group! Based on the date of the silver wound badge being awarded, it seems possible that it was "upgraded". Probably originally black, but never healed properly and worsened.

I actually have a similar document, a silver wound award in '41 or '42 for a wound in September '39. Unfortunately I don't have any other docs for the person.

All the best
          H
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hello Hank,

thanks for your opinion. I think this scenario is rather unlikely because the wounded badge was awarded by the field troops and not by the hospital.
            It would of course be theoretically possible. But it is also possible that it was for bureaucratic reasons.

Kind regards
            Albrecht

Comment

Originally posted by Wittmann2012 View Post
              Hello Hank,

thanks for your opinion. I think this scenario is rather unlikely because the wounded badge was awarded by the field troops and not by the hospital.
              It would of course be theoretically possible. But it is also possible that it was for bureaucratic reasons.

Kind regards
              Albrecht
              Sadly, we'll never know...

All the best!
              H
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Maybe Ernst and the guy who wore this helmet new each other
                Attached Files

Comment

Wow thats stunning. Thanks for showing,

Kind regards

Comment

Very nice early group!!

Greg.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X