Black Watch New Photo Pick-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Watch New Photo Pick-ups

I decided to retire my old thread as it had too many missing pages due to third party hosting.

You can find my photo collection here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123629787@N04/

And here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/155702351@N02/

I shall be directly uploading my photos to WAF from now on

And here we go...

Attached Files

Smile, you're on Combat Camera...
    Attached Files

Comment

SA-Nachrichtensturm? Year this was taken? Thanks

Attached Files

Comment

The Iron Youth of Germany...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BlackWatch1 View Post
          The Iron Youth of Germany...
          Wow that's insane no protective PPE back then.
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Deutscher Frauenhilfsdienst (woman's auxilary service)
            Attached Files

Comment

Superb pics

Comment

Originally posted by panzer1432 View Post
                Superb pics
                Thank-you Panzer1432! It's a fun hobby my friend

Comment

Having a few cold brewski's...

Any idea when and where this might of been taken? Thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Maybe at some day about the Party Rally in Nürnberg in about 1936/1937.
                    Maybe you can enlarge or lighten up the worn badge upon his left breast pocket.

But even more interesting is the wearing of the Edelweiss.
                    Political leaders were not allowed to wear this traditional badge with headgear!

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post

Maybe at some day about the Party Rally in Nürnberg in about 1936/1937.
                      Maybe you can enlarge or lighten up the worn badge upon his left breast pocket.

But even more interesting is the wearing of the Edelweiss.
                      Political leaders were not allowed to wear this traditional badge with headgear!
                      Thank-you Wilhelm. The badge on his breast pocket unfortunately has no detail. This photo was heavily scratched up and the badge was covered in 'dust'.

Comment

The sign behind them says "Thomas Bräu" which was bought by Paulaner Salvator in 1928 to form Paulaner Salvator Thomas Bräu. These breweries are in Munich, but obviously would have distributed over southern Bavaria. If I were going to guess, I would say it was taken in Munich. Even though they merged in 1928, I'm sure Thomas Bräu's brand name was still used by the company for some period of time after the merger, so I think putting a date on this would hinge on the style of uniform and when they were in use.

Comment

Though certainly not conclusive dating-wise, both PLs appear to be wearing the M-1927 version of the Political Eagle on their caps. This version was succeeded by the M-1934 design, which could indicate that this photo was taken in or before 1934...but we also realize that so many revisions to the various NSDAP uniforms took place throughout the 1930s that many members couldn't/didn't keep up with every change in the regulations as each revision occurred. So, as Wim suggests, these two fellows may have been enjoying a beer and a chat in as late as 1936 or even 1937!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                            Though certainly not conclusive dating-wise, both PLs appear to be wearing the M-1927 version of the Political Eagle on their caps. This version was succeeded by the M-1934 design, which could indicate that this photo was taken in or before 1934...but we also realize that so many revisions to the various NSDAP uniforms took place throughout the 1930s that many members couldn't/didn't keep up with every change in the regulations as each revision occurred. So, as Wim suggests, these two fellows may have been enjoying a beer and a chat in as late as 1936 or even 1937!

Br. James
                            I think it is the 1934 version (anyway the person at right), as it is larger and the wings are shaped differently!

Comment

I did some searching to see if I could identify the logo on the bier glass in the foreground, but no luck. The one on the right might be a Paulaner but hard to say.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X