grossdeutschland im weltgeschehen Photo Album question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grossdeutschland im weltgeschehen Photo Album question

This is the first time I have posted in this forum. I have a question. I know nothing about WWII memorbilia. I have a leather bound german photo album that is titled ""Grossdeutschland im Weltgeschehen" which is embossed. Also on the cover is a Nazi symbol of an eagle on top of a swatztika. Under the symbol it says "Tagesbildberichte 1940" It is full of black and white photos of Hitler and his regime. It's in great shape. Each page is divided by what looks like onion paper. It has Heinrich Hoffman's name attached to it. I know nothing about this photoalbum. Can anyone tell me the origin of this book? What it was used for, etc? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi Chadle2,

first - welcome to this forum.
    "Grossdeutschland im Weltgeschehen" ist not a photo album - it´s more like a collection book for postcard-sized photos which were published by the Heinrich Hoffmann Verlag !!! These books originally came with all the photos in there - so you didn´t have to collect them !!!
    As far as I know three different books were published: 1940 - 1942.
    A very nice find anyway because these books are very scarce !!!

If you want I can post some pics for you - just send them to me.

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts
    silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

Thanks for the info. My Grandfather was in WWII and had brought this back with him. When my Grandmother died a few years back, we found this in the back of their closet. I look at it and I wonder what hands it had flipped through the pages and looked at the pics. Interesting stuff. Thanks Again.

Comment

My question, four years ago here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ead.php?t=3273

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X