Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer doc IV Stufe

Hi Guys,

Would appreciate some assistance here. I'm being offered this numbered PAB doc for the IV grade of the PAB in silver to a soldier of 3./Führer-Panzer-JägerAbteilung 1.

I would like to add this to my collection but I'm not sure about the correct price setting for this type of doc. Any advice would be highly appreciated. I know price questions are always a bit delicate so please don't hessitate to PM or e-mail me (hb.consulting@pandora.be).

Many thanks in advance.

KR
    Philippe
    Attached Files

Forgive my ignorance here but 3./Führer-Panzer-Jäger-Abteilung 1?
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

We need other peoples input here as Pz.Jäg units are not my thing.

These are the issues i have with this doc at the moment.

I don't know of any unit called "Führer-Panzer Jäger Abteilung 1"
      Panzerjäger should be one word.
      The stamp shows a Stug abt. The number of which i can't make out
      It's signed by a regimental commander yet the stamp and unit show abteilung.

Can anyone make any of that information fit somehow?
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Found this: http://www.ww2awards.com/person/2038

Patzwall/Schertzer says just "Panzer-Jäger-Abteilung 1" about Bergmann but I vaguely remember this strange name too... We need someone who is into "Last of the Kampfgruppen".

Comment

Good find Akira, Scheibert's DKiG book lists Bergmann's unit as 3./Fhr.Pz.Jg.Abt.1

There is of course the possibility that this is one of the very late war units but what if this entry is actually a typo and Bergmann was meant to be something like Geschutze-führer 3./Pz.Jg.Abt.1 ?

Comment

I'm surprised at you guys. Fuehrer often refers to a subunit of one of the Fuehrer units, i.e. Fuehrer-Begleit and Fuehrer-Grenadier. In this case, it was probably part of FBD.

Comment

You could be on to something there. I can't find any specific reference to a Führer-Panzerjäger Abt.1 but other units of the FBD are shown as having changed names in April '45 so it would make sense
              I know the FBD had Panzerjäger Abt. 673, previously Stug abt.200 so if that stamp shows stug abt 200, and the first 2 digits do seem to be 20 then things look much clearer.

Comment

Frederick, the problem was that sometimes-incomplete Tessin does not list it. And that you, versed in the Berlin battle I believe, must say "it was probably part of FBD", proves lack of documentaion...

Comment

I'll try a little harder to find it for you. Checked the Spaeter GD trilogy quickly but didn't find it.

Comment

Hello

Would it be possible to have a darker copy of the document ? I can't read it easily. A scan from the rubber stamp and all the typographed parts would be also welcome.
                    I don't have the slightest documentation with me but I wonder how a soldier belonging to a Panzer Jäger unit would be allowed to wear the PAB in silver ? If my memory serves me, I believe that a regulation issued in December 1944 enabled to some very specific units to receive this PAB in silver. But as far as I remember, it was based upon the type of panzer the crew used (e.g. Hetzer, Jadgpanther....). I need to check this point this evening to know if the PKA in Silber was possible or not.
                    Regards
                    Denis

Comment

As i understand it Panzerjäger Abt. 673 was equipped with the Jagdpanther.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Denis this is the best I can do based upon the pics I have.

KR
                        Philippe
                        Attached Files

Comment

Detail
                          Attached Files

Comment

73 battle days??????????????

Panzer are not my best, but I want to hear something more about this little treasure/trash?

I think I have/had a piece with a similar unit designation, I will dive into my collection and archives.

It comes alone or with other citations?

Angel
                            Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

What is the unit stamp? Sturm.Gesch.Abt 20x?

Interestingly appears to be stamped by an Abteilung but signed by a Major u. Rgts. Kommandeur!?! A few Stug Abt. were actually converted to Brigades in 1944, however then it would have a signature of a Brigade Kdr!?!?! Unless it was recently wiped out and reformed!

At that stage of the war paperwork went to pot anyway....

Possibly a short lived unit, however so far I have not been able to find anything regarding this unit either as an independant unit of Führer Grenadier/Begleit Division.....

/Ian
                              Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X