• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 in Colour

Over 1,200 colour photos from ww2 at this link http://www.ww2incolour.com

600 of them are German

Enjoy!!

I am getting an error on the redirected link.

Originally posted by paulyb102
    Over 1,200 colour photos from ww2 at this link http://www.ww2incolour.com

600 of them are German

Enjoy!!

Comment

Error on ww2incolour link

Originally posted by Lisa Thompson
      I am getting an error on the redirected link.

Hiya Lisa, Try it now, seems to be working ok whenever i access the link

Paulyb102

Comment

I think the owner of that site should read whats said in this tread.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=115370
        lolle

Comment

Originally posted by lolle
          I think the owner of that site should read whats said in this tread.
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=115370
          lolle

Most of these pictures are either well known press photos or postcards with expired copyrights!

Guenter Braun

Comment

Most of these pictures are either well known press photos or postcards with expired copyrights!
            The link in my post goes to the discussion about Virtual photo-theft or not?
            Expired copyright ? Many of those photos on that site are copied directly from printed sources, and websites. In many cases those are under the copyright law. Read the tread mentioned before you coment my posting.
            The owner of that site has done a LOT of virtual theft.
            lolle

Comment

Originally posted by lolle
              The link in my post goes to the discussion about Virtual photo-theft or not?
              Expired copyright ? Many of those photos on that site are copied directly from printed sources, and websites. In many cases those are under the copyright law. Read the tread mentioned before you coment my posting.
              The owner of that site has done a LOT of virtual theft.
              lolle

Hello Lolle,

I've read your thread!

Publishing a picture in a book or a website does not indicate, the publisher has the sole copyright for a picture! This is usually only the case, if he had taken the picture oneself and he still owns the genuine negative or slide.

Usually pictures in books are from various sources and similar manifold are the copyrights for these pictures.

Sample: I published a small booklet about 12 years ago. I found some very interesting pictures that were already published in another books in an another context. Some were from an official archives, others from a truck manufacturer. I wrote to both and received soon the allowance to publish them in my booklet too. Since then, these pictures were again published in truck magazine and maybe in various other publications I do not know.

Some years ago I worked in a PR-department: At reagular intervals we shipped hundert or more copies of pictures to publisher worlwide. All these pictures were marked like: Free for any publication, only specimen copy requested. So the same pictures were published in many publications. In some cases serveral years after they were distributed.

I've checked the German related color pictures on the mentioned website and about 80% have already been published during WW2 either as official press pictures or as postcards.

A press picture is predetermind to be published and a postcard is in Germany public domain 50 years after the first publication.

I've read the Allied Control Council declared all technical publication of the Wehrmacht as public domain. This includes all pictures in these docs.

If you have access to albums of Wehrmachs soldiers who were either stationed at the same Kaserne or members of the same unit: You will find indentical pictures in their albums. This is especially the case in preWW2 albums. (Last year I purchased an album from a Luftwaffe soldier togehter with serveral single pictures. There were about five copies of one picture included !)

Conclusion:

If you publish a picture of you collection in the Internet you should apply an identification mark on it. This is the only way to ensure it is really from your collection and not published again without your allowance.

If you publish a picture in a book it is rather difficult to prevent it to be scanned and published again. You can analyse the grid pattern of the copy and compare it with the master printer's copy. If they are identical, it is definitly a bootleg.

If there is not your identificantion mark on the picture resp. the grip pattern is different, the picture is from another source.
              Maybe from another album that contained the same pictures.

Guenter

Comment

Hello
                Thank you for your answer.
                You have some valid points, and i see that we agree on several things regarding photos.
                regards
                lolle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X