What were these documents used for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What were these documents used for??

I purchased thes a while back. It appears to show the whole history of this one soldier. Can anyone explain what these documents were used for? If you need closer scans, please let me know.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

close-up 1
            Attached Files

Comment

2 -
              Attached Files

Comment

3 -
                Attached Files

Comment

last page.
                  Attached Files

Comment

They look like Stammrolle, pages usually sent to the rear areas to complete a soldier´s Wehrpass and/or Wehrstammbuch.

Normally you will find the last info avbailable from the soldier, his battles, wounds, promotions, awards, curses,....

It looks like you have a nice set from a Panzer Division member.

Angel
                    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

I think these were sent between unit's records offices or where the wehrstammbuch was kept when a soldier was transferred between units.
                      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

These are not Stammrolle. The Stammrolle was the official list of unit members. At the time a soldier joined a unit he was assigned a Stammrollennummer, basically his number on the unit roster.
                        Each of these is an Auszug or excerpt from a soldier's record. It is a multi-purpose document used to answer queries for information about a soldier by any other unit for any reason (promotion packet, updating permanent records, etc) where the Wehrpass itself was not to be transferred. It does contain pretty much everything the Wehrpass did, so it is handy if one doesn't have the Wehrpass itself.

You have a nice set.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I've had these for a while along with a couple others.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X