Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early PAB's in wear, need your help

Hi Guys,

This week I received a period book I bought that some of you guys might know its the book "Panzer Am Feind" written by Fritz Fechner. Mine is a second edittion from 1942, don't know when the first edition was published.

It recalls the combat action from Panzer Regiment 6 during the blitz in Belgium and France.

In this book I found a picture that facinated me. It shows 3 members of Pz rgt. 6 and underneath it reads:

"Die ersten Panzersturmabzeichen und ihre Strahlenden Träger" which translates as "the first Panzer Strom Badges and their proud recipients".

Now for my question. Personally I have a good idea about which type of PAB these guys received however the resolution of the picture in this book is so low that it doesn't allow me to blow it up and recognize the type of badge they are wearing.

Now I was wondering if any of you photo collectors might be able to help me out with good pictures of early (june 1940 -dec 1940) awarded PAB's. I'm sure such pictures must exist and I would be very gratefull for any help you could provide me with.

Many thanks in advance.

KR
    Philippe
    Attached Files

Hello Philippe,

here are some of my collection, a member of Panzer Rgt. 31, who was awarded the PAB on 25th May 1940. Hope the pics are good enough to help you.

Best Regards,
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Bakker; 03-29-2006, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Close up of the PAB

Comment

Another one...

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for postng these pics although I have to admit that I would have hoped to see something else.

It's always difficult to identify a possible maker from these type of pics but the May 1940 awarded badge most likely is either a Hymmen or a first pattern Daisy. My best guess on the second picture would be BH Mayer. I don't supose you could date that picure?

Please guys if you have any of these early pictures that can definitely be dated between May and Dec 1940 it would mean a lot to me to have a look at them.

If you don't like to post them in public you can always send me an e-mail (hb.consulting@pandora.be)

KR
          Philippe

Comment

Hi Guys,
            It is a great idea for the thread. I can help with enhancement of the image quality on these pictures. Philippe if you want to, please email them to me and I will try to do my best. Below I’m posting these two Marks pictures after quick improvements for the PAB’s areas.
            Last edited by robert60446; 04-07-2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

And one more picture after quick improvements...
              Last edited by robert60446; 04-07-2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe DB
                Hi Guys,

This week I received a period book I bought that some of you guys might know its the book "Panzer Am Feind" written by Fritz Fechner. Mine is a second edittion from 1942, don't know when the first edition was published.

It recalls the combat action from Panzer Regiment 6 during the blitz in Belgium and France.

In this book I found a picture that facinated me. It shows 3 members of Pz rgt. 6 and underneath it reads:

"Die ersten Panzersturmabzeichen und ihre Strahlenden Träger" which translates as "the first Panzer Strom Badges and their proud recipients".

Now for my question. Personally I have a good idea about which type of PAB these guys received however the resolution of the picture in this book is so low that it doesn't allow me to blow it up and recognize the type of badge they are wearing.

Now I was wondering if any of you photo collectors might be able to help me out with good pictures of early (june 1940 -dec 1940) awarded PAB's. I'm sure such pictures must exist and I would be very gratefull for any help you could provide me with.

Many thanks in advance.

KR
                Philippe
                I thought I will bring this thread to the top….Any chance for more pictures guys? Please...Very Please...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X