Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batterie Emmenes

Hello all
    I recently bought a guest book from batterie Emmenes in Narvik, the cover is golden writte "Gastebuch der batterie Emmenes", there is some hand made draw inside and lot of signature of famous men like Joachim Von Garlay (konteradmiral und kommandant Narvik), Do anibody has information or pictures of this batterie?
    Thanks
    Eric

Hi
    Well Emmenes is near Narvik alright, its on the Ankenes peninsular just to the South of the town. I can't find a record of a battery being stationed there however, unless another place name is used, i checked other place names in the immediate area without luck. I'm pretty sure this battery would have belonged to either Marine Artillerie Abteilung 516 or Heeres Küstenartillerie Regiment 973.
    Konteradmiral joachim von Gerlach was kommandant der Seeverteidigung Narvik from 21.9.42 until 5.4.45 and held a series of desk jobs throughout the war.

do you have any more information on this battery? FP number perhaps?

Hope this helps

Simon
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello Simon
      Thanks for your informations.
      here are other informations I can read :
      Werner Schulz (may a commander of batterie)
      kapitan zur see Habel (grey uniform on the photo).
      I will try to post photos of the draws as soon as possible.
      Regards
      eric

Comment

hi Erich

I wonder if you could be refering to Kapt. z. See Babel? He was Hafenkapitän Harstad, 4.44 to 1.45 and Kommandeur of Marineartillerieregiment 30, 4.44 to 5.45 . which included MAA 516.

Regards

Simon
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello Simon
          Of course you're right, the signature means Babel but the german writting is hard to read. on the text behind his photo I can read number 5/709, does that mean something fo you?
          The text is dated 25/07/1944.
          Regards
          Eric

Comment

Yes it does Eric and the mystery is solved.
            I was assuming it was a coastal artillery unit which explains why i didn't find Emmenes under the lists of coastal artillery units. It is in fact the 5th batterie of Marine Flak Abteilung 709, which was also part of Marine Artillerie Regiment 30 for the date you give. I don't know if you have any further names in there but the abteilung commander at the time was a K.Kapt Messtorff.

Hope this helps

regards

Simon

Comment

Hi Simon
              thanks for the informations

here are other signatures I can read:
              Werner Schulz Obl.
              Hlivder Korvetten käpitan MA und ... kommandeur ...
              L. Hissch (Dr Phil) Uffz
              Mehu Heuser
              Fluzza Oblt.
              I can read this tread : " Fur Erinnerung au sie K.d.f. Gruppe "bruites Kabarett" Uterwedde" es var heute unsere 73 Vostellung, date is 21 juli 1943
              Signed: Homann, ... De Cores, Sissi (), Helle Bruicher

Other visas:
              Kharrenberg
              Kusan Oblt u kp Chaf 7. kp
              Werner Hachmeister
              Joachim Weelthar
              Oblt.M.A. Decfer
              Wipper oblt MA
              Bochzicek
              Eggest Oblt MA

Hope you can find something
              Regards
              Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X