• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus, Scott!

That one takes it for sure!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It's like the cartoons of Roman legionaries in the Asterix books!

Chris.

Comment

Comment

Here's one that fits this thread.
            Attached Files

Comment

Being tall is not a good idea for roll-calls, too. You can't smile, laugh (except if you must) or comment and you are also a prime target for a "you, tall guy, off to the latrines"! But looking at the man on Scott's photo and that face... I think that none would say that to this German prototype of Hulk!

Regards, Giorgos

Comment

Der Kleinste und Grösste Arbeitsmann. Reichsarbeitsdienstlager Forchheim.

Comment

Where are you guys finding these photos? They're too funny!

Comment

Great pics, all of them, fantastic!

JerryB

Comment

Here's another one of the same RAD guy I posted before.
                      I'm in the posession of his photoalbum and +/- 40 negatives.

This time together with some normal-size friends.
                      Furthermore, note his cufftitle, and the flag at the car.

Comment

Well found another one

From the Canadian War museum life at the front online photo exhibit copyright expired

Comment

Hi,
                          Photographs like these are a common theme encountered in (particularly) German photograph albums and batches of photos.
                          I have several albums and photo groups, and over half feature the tallest and shortest men in the unit pictured together.
                          Another common theme is the latrines - again, several photos of men sitting in open toilet trenches reading or smoking whilst sitting on the toilet with trousers around their ankles!
                          Although I do not believe a thread of these type of images would be of any historical interest!

Best regards.

John.

Comment

I have also seen US photos like this...my guess is it was internationally humorous!

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
                              Hi,
                              Photographs like these are a common theme encountered in (particularly) German photograph albums and batches of photos.
                              I have several albums and photo groups, and over half feature the tallest and shortest men in the unit pictured together.
                              Another common theme is the latrines - again, several photos of men sitting in open toilet trenches reading or smoking whilst sitting on the toilet with trousers around their ankles!
                              Although I do not believe a thread of these type of images would be of any historical interest!

Best regards.

John.
                              You took the words out of my mouth John. I see these "tall/shorts" frequently when buying batches/photo lots. Another just as common theme seems to be Soldiers in the barracks in there issued Pajamas goofing around with bayonets and such.
                              still fun to see tho, for sure.

Comment

Corporal Bob Roberts, who is 5ft 6ins, was overseeing the surrender of dozens of enemy soldiers when the 7ft 6ins German loomed into view. He had worked in a circus in NY but was conscripted in the German Army when he went home and the war broke out.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X