Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle Competition Certificate

Hello All,

My friend in the Kreigsmarine has this original document and would like to know if anyone knows what its worth, or can give some additional information regarding the item.

This is what he has passed on to me.....The Soldier 'Allendorfer' of the 4. (M.G.) company J.R.5 has received this certificate for outstanding performance in Group II in the Rifle competition during the year 1938.
    He is allowed to wear the marksmanship Lanyard 1ST class. Stettin, September 15, 1938.

Captain & Company CO

Attached is a picture of the document which is 12.5" x 16.5"

I follow this picture with a closeup of the stamp.

Thanks Indra
    Attached Files

Closeup of Stamp

See attached closeup.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Canada (Canadians),
      I have no idea of the value of such a document. I'm sure Francois could put a number on it. I would love to have it if I could afford it.
      Keep me posted OK?

Comment

Rifle Competition Certificate

Hi Gary,

Good to hear from you again as well, thanks for the information. I will send an e-mail off to Francois and I will keep you posted on the information I receive.

Indra & Allan

Comment

When are you two going to post pictures in who's talking? We'd love to see the faces of our beloved Canadians! Come on guys!
          Make us smile!

Comment

OK,
            this kind of doc is not scarce nor rare, but they are nice as they usually are colorized and they are very decorative when framed.

Infantery (yours), are probably the easiest to find, but again, depending of the unit, Rgt ....... some are scarce

I don't speak german, but my understanding (I will be corrected if I am wrong) is that they go with the shooting lanyard and that they exist for different classes.

They exist for the infantry, panzer, LW ...... probably for the KM,even if I have never seen a doc for KM

Price depends of the unit, the class... but I will say $50-75 for a regular one of the infantery

I attach a panzer one (doc + lanyard) I had

Best
            François
            Last edited by François SAEZ; 08-31-2008, 05:20 AM.
            Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

Hi,
              Here's a Luftwaffe document.

Jos.

Comment

Awesome documents! I didn't know they were so attractive, and now you say they are common items as well. I learned something today!

Comment

Thanks for Coments

Thanks everyone for the responses. I too did not realize that some of these documents were so common, the pnazer and Luft certificates look fantastic.

Indra & Al

PS: Gar;, Indra and I just posted a pic of ourselves on "Who's Talking- the Spitfires". If you're still intersted in the cerifcate let me know and I will pass the info. onto the owner.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X