Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

102. Infanterie Division

Hello,

Does anyone have a photo or would know what the divisional symbol (used on vehichles) for the 102. schlesischen Division was? I am writing a divisional history and would like some photographic evidence.

Many thanks,

Erich Craciun

Hi Eric.....

.....try asking Akira Takiguchi. He's a member and could possibly be of some assisstance.....he seems to have a pretty thorough archive on the type of information you are seeking.

-------------------------

Bruce

Comment

Bruce, my collection is still in modest stage and the goal is far, far, away

Erich, I have Meyers' book but as you probably know there's no photographs, and I have encountered no photographic evidence yet (mostly because I focus on Nord divisionen, 102 fought in Mitte). I hope somebody else can help you!

Comment

Hello Gentlemen!

Thank you for your replies. There is very little information about this unit in print, unfortunately. I am trying to document my Grandfather's military service (30. ID, 102. ID, 357. ID). There is Mende's book about his service (he transfered into the 102. ID with the 84. JR) and another book entitled 'Tapferer Schliesier', then there is Juettner's book, 'Lebe Bestaendig'.

I am just looking for photo evidence. I have very little from my grandfather. I would think that veterans would still be alive since the division surrendered to the British and was kept under arms for about 1 year after the war according to Mende.

If you perhaps come across something, please let me know. Akira, I believe I did once send you a copy of Kriegsberichter along with some maps????

Many thanks,

Erich Craciun

Comment

erich, I have a photo ,but would need some time to look threw my files , not possible this week I will post it next week.In thies book you have the divisional symbol and more info on this div,If you dont have this book let me know and I send the info to you .regards manuel

Comment

There you go, Manuel! I also am very interested in seeing the photo. So far only one type of <i>Truppenkennzeichen</i> of the Division has been reported (Silesian Eagle), so if you by chance find another that's a big news

Yes Erich, it's been quite a while since we last talked...

Comment

Hello Manuel!

I see we bid on quite a few of the same Fotos! You have good photographic taste!

Any information would be great! I have search and copies quite a lot of the KTB in Freiburg when I lived there. I know what the Truppenabzeichen was, but just have never seen it on a vehicle.

I would be interested in what the Theis book says about the division. I will be posted a Suchanzeige for my Grandfather and uncle in the next edition of Kameraden. Keep an eye open for that!

Many thanks!

Erich Craciun

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X