Civilian Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civilian Certificate

hello, perhaps you guys can assist me here.....

I have a document that was aquired by my grand mother, from a woman she stayed with in Zweibrucken, West Germany.
    the certificate was awarded for having children.

I have a rough (very rough) translation:

IN THE NAME OF THE GERMAN OF PEOPLE

DISTRIBUTIONS I

Department leader d. NSKOV.

August B A R T H

Zweibrucken

THE MEDAL for GERMAN people care BERLIN, the 30 January 1943

: Signed Adolf Hitler

--

I need to know the circumstances in which this would be awarded, and by whom. I've Seen the Abbreveation NSKOV elsewhere but have been unable to find a definition.

There is also another signature on the bottom right hand corner. I will have Scans posted ASAP.

The Physical Details are:

there is the eagle and wreath with the swastika in the center, as well as a raised relief image of a wreath with the eagle/wreath in the center. This is located on the bottom left hand corner, about 5" x 5"

I would GREATLY appreciate your insight into this piece of german history.

Vielen Dank Sehr Viel

This sounds like the Volkspflegemedaille, which could have been awarded for literally almost anything. It was the successor, from 1939, to previous Red Cross awards (using the same ribbon and basic classes structure), but because it was given for lunatic Nazi "racial hygiene" sort of areas as well as Red Cross work, it was banned by the West German government in the 1957 regulations concerning what Third Reich awards were reauthorized.

It was awarded strictly by position/rank, a medal going from "ordinary private" to "First Lieutenant" levels of people.

The NSKOV was the Third Reich Disabled War Veterans Association. This recipient probably got his medal for what WOULD have been "normal" Red Cross sort of merit-- for diligence in caring for cripples, widows, and orphans sort of merit.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X