who is 16./ERG.-Komp.LN.-RGT4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is 16./ERG.-Komp.LN.-RGT4?

Hi there, I found the attached unit ownership dedication inside a 1940 printed German book about the fighting in Narvik. Does anyone know what unit this was??...thank you very much in advance to anyone, who can shed some light on this one for me... Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by torstenbel
    Hi there, I found the attached unit ownership dedication inside a 1940 printed German book about the fighting in Narvik. Does anyone know what unit this was??...thank you very much in advance to anyone, who can shed some light on this one for me... Cheers, Torsten.
    Hello Torsten.
    The unit is: 16./Ergaenzungskompanie Luftnachrichten Regiment 4 or 16./Replacement Company Airforce Signals Regiment 4
    Bernhard H. Holst

Comment

Bernhard, thank you very much.... would you have any means of accessing the history of that unit? I would just be interested to know, where that unit was located at the time the ownership information was added to the book.... Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by bhholst
      Hello Torsten.
      The unit is: 16./Ergaenzungskompanie Luftnachrichten Regiment 4 or 16./Replacement Company Airforce Signals Regiment 4
      Bernhard H. Holst
      Last edited by torstenbel; 06-12-2005, 05:17 AM.

Comment

This will give you a bit more info

http://www.ww2.dk/ground/ln/ln4.html
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon, thank you very much... brilliant... but from that info the 16th was only formed in later 1942??...how can the inscription be dated 1941 then??..Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by Simon orchard
          This will give you a bit more info

http://www.ww2.dk/ground/ln/ln4.html

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X