Tirpitz or the Bismark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tirpitz or the Bismark?

Hello all, I was going thru the negatives in the Flak grouping I acquired and come accross a number of negatives of this ship... It looks like either the Tirpitz or the Bismark but since I am not an expert on ship ID'ing, or even a novice... I thought I would get your opinions... Thanks! Mike
    Attached Files

Not easy as this is an early photo taken during her trials i think but i'm going for Bismarck as the top part of her funnel is grey. The photos i've seen of Tirpitz around the time of her sea trials show her with the top of her funnel painted black.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello Michael,

Great picture!! If you want to part with an excess negative, I want to buy it.
      It's definitely Bismarck. Besides colour of the funnel cap that Simon pointed out, the position of the crane and upper part's colour of turrets differ from Tirpitz.

Regards,
      Haruki

Comment

Bismarck for sure. Are there any closer photos? Nice shot!!!

Comment

Thanks Simon, Haruki, and CR! I would venture to guess that it stands a good chance that the location of photo might be Keil? If you look at my other thread I have a number of different vessels in the same area....

Haruki, I don't plan to sell but if I do I will let you know!

CR, I will post a couple of more Saturday sometime as I am out of town tonight..

Comment

Bismark for sure due to lack of bow hazard colours.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X