Unknown KM RKT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown KM RKT

I have been trying to figure out who this RKT is. I thought it would be pretty darn easy as there can't be many men who have RK, DK, EK, sub badge, sub spange, AND the aux cruiser badge AND who survived the war! Well, it has left me for a loss, anyone have any ideas?

I would love to put a name to these photos as I have the officer's 1957 awards stick-pin.

Joe
    Attached Files

Noting the engineering officer’s gear insignia on his sleeve, I checked the listing of engineering officers who received the RK while assigned to U-Boats (at www.uboat.net). Came up with three possibilities- I’m guessing it’s Reinhard König, as the bio of König on that site (see link) indicates he held the RK, DkiG, U-Boat Clasp in Bronze, and served aboard the “Atlantis” (HSK 2; Schiff 16). However, facially, your man doesn’t seem to resemble the photo of König at the same site.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Gerd Bielig

http://www.uboat.net/men/bielig.htm

<o></o>

<o></o>

Reinhard König

http://www.uboat.net/men/koenig.htm

<o></o>

Hans Johannsen

http://www.uboat.net/men/johannsen.htm

<o></o>

<o></o>

Best wishes,
    ~ Mike

<o></o>

Comment

Mike:

Thanks for the reply! I know it is not König. I have other info and photos of him. The vector on the other two is great---thanks! I'll keep pursuring and let you know if I come up with anything!

Comment

Reinhard König?

http://www.uboat.net/men/koenig.htm

Looking at a different photo of him in biblio verlag's 'Die ritterkreuzträger' the nose and especially the ears are similar.

edit:
        Cant be johannsen or Bielig as they seem to have been U-boat men all the way.

*i was trawling looking for your man when Mike posted
        Last edited by Simon O.; 06-09-2005, 04:17 PM.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon:

It would be an absolute coup if the photos turned out to be König! I haven't seen the photo in 'Die ritterkreuzträger.' All I have are ones posted one U-Boat.net and group shots that are farther away. From these it doesn't look like him at all. Thanks for the input on the similiar characteristics.

I saw the other two were U-Boat men the whole time. I would hate to jump to a conclusion, but it would be great if I could name the other RK holder from Atlantis to these photos.

Thanks for all the input and insights!

Joe

Comment

Unknown KM RKT

Hi JOE, My friend Mike Miller is correct it is Konig
            Regards Harmel

Comment

WOW!!! That is great news!

Harmel: Can I just ask how you know? I just want to be certain before I move the photos from the "Unknown" collection and put them in the "Atlantis" collection. Thanks for all the help!

These forums are so darn worthwhile! Thanks again!

Joe

Comment

Uboat.net doesn't give a date of death for König, but www.das-ritterkreuz.de does- + 28.03.1998

Best,
                ~ Mike

Comment

Here's a shot of König from 'Die Ritterkreuzträger'
                  Attached Files
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Simon:

Thanks for including the other picture! Yep, that certainly confirms it for me.
                    Thanks to all!

Joe

Comment

-

Yes, it´s König (better late than never! )

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X