new photos to the collection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi tim

the somua MCG is not realy rare, it was built has more than one thousand of specimens.
    regards patrick

Comment

Patrick:

I am sure I have seen a website dealing with the French Armys experiences in 1940 which gave pretty extensive information on the type and amounts of armoured vehicles, artillery and so forth available at the start of the war.
      I cannot find it now but as you are French you may know of it.
      I was amazed at the numbers and, of course, the majority were captured intact and integrated into the German system. Some photos I have of the Russian campaign show entire convoys consisting of only French trucks.
      I am also sure I have read that at least one German Armoured Division was sent to Russia equipped exclusively with French tanks.
      I am fairly knowledgable about French cars and trucks but know nothing of their weapons. As I recall, I also read something about their armoured and artillery forces being as large or maybe even larger than Germany's in 1940.
      If you know that site or one similar it might be of interest to this group.
      Bill

Comment

Bill, How is the family, everybody get settled in?

Tim & Patrick, Thanks for the ID. I figured it was on the rare side as I hadn't seen the like before. I don't have a photo just the negative and I scanned it "thru the back door" so to speak.... If only a little ove a thousand were built that seems to me that there weren't that many.....

thanks again! I will post some more tecnnical flak photos tonight... Mike

Comment

As promised some more Flak photos... Just a couple then I have to run the knee biters to the pool....
          Attached Files

Comment

another...
            Attached Files

Comment

Mike:

My new family is in place and OK. Just now sitting on the patio by the Koi pond having their libations. Mom a glass of tea, Pat a Scotch and water, me too, and Sis in Law has her Pina Colada. Flight was on time, baggage arrived OK.
              In a last minute "inspired moment" my youngest daughter, 40, who knows the flower dept. manager at a huge local grocery store went out and bought a ton of cut flowers so we had them all over the house. In every bedroom and every bathroom even. Sort of to make up for the Mother's day the all missed. Little teary eyed.
              Thanks for your concern.
              Bill

Comment

Bill, Great deal! Glad to hear everything went smooth! I take long island tea....lol As for the flowers I bet your wife and her mother were tickled pink... Mike

As for the flak grouping; looks like a plotting computer....
                Attached Files

Comment

looks like a dish for either radar or homing in on radio waves...
                  Attached Files

Comment

I dont't even want to guess what this is....
                    Attached Files

Comment

All I can is Daymn he is young....
                      Attached Files

Comment

this phot comes from the same lot.. I think it is neat and I bet can be ID'd by the sillouhette... I have a number of negatives that show this and several war ships as well....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

Some very nice photos you have there!! You did very well on your new photo grouping Bill

Comment

With a little help from my friend! thanks Bill....
                            Originally posted by W Petz
                            Mike,

Some very nice photos you have there!! You did very well on your new photo grouping Bill

Comment

Thanks for sharing Mike
                              #25 looks like a young Flakhelfer, but you may have known that
                              #23 could be a huge Scheinwerfer used to search for planes in the night? Not sure that it can't be a radar though.

Comment

Tim, Thanks! I do have another shot of a different radar dish I will post tonight. As for the flak helper. I do know Just at times one forgets just how young they really were.... Thanks again Mike
                                Originally posted by Tim De Craene
                                Thanks for sharing Mike
                                #25 looks like a young Flakhelfer, but you may have known that
                                #23 could be a huge Scheinwerfer used to search for planes in the night? Not sure that it can't be a radar though.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X