Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
    Ian and John thanks for your comments.

Bill...Thanks for the ID and information on the trucks.

Bill Petz
    You are welcome Bill,

Agree with Ian, outstanding DAK photo collection!

The soldier with the sleeve patch is a Fallschirmjäger observer. Have the same photo and mine is labeled on the reverse, it is a PK photo taken in November of 42.
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hi John,

I appreciate the additional information on the soldier wearing the sleeve patch as a FJ observer considering that I collect FJ photos. Thanks. Here are just a few remaining pics from the same small photo album. Dak#21

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
      You are welcome Bill,

Agree with Ian, outstanding DAK photo collection!

The soldier with the sleeve patch is a Fallschirmjäger observer. Have the same photo and mine is labeled on the reverse, it is a PK photo taken in November of 42.
      Attached Files

Comment

Dak#22
        Attached Files

Comment

Dak#23
          Attached Files

Comment

Dak#24
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello again Bill:

Your photo DAK 23 is a gold mine for soft skin enthusiasts!!

The lead vehicle is a Ford 1938/1939 with a locally built cab and may have come from Egypt as a commercial vehicle that was confiscated.

Vehicle #2 is an ex Canadian Ford of 1941 vintage as evidenced by the single rear wheels and tyres.

Vehicle #3 is a complete surprise as it is a 1942 Ford as evidenced by the headlamps in the front fenders/wings. These were supplied to the Russians via Iran but I cannot remember any being supplied to the Commonwealth Forces in Africa. Could be wrong, the memory fades with age. I also do not recall US Forces in that area using that truck as it was mainly a rear area support vehicle in our inventory and I doubt many got outside the US and some of our possessions of the time.

Vehicle #4 seems to be another 1941 Ford but quite an odd one.
              It seems to have single tyres on the rear of the Canadian type but the front tyres seem to be much narrower as on the German types.
              Also, even though the photo is fuzzy, it looks as if it has the typical German one piece front windscreen. As well, the canvas superstructure over the cargo body is quite unusual as it is rounded off instead of more or less square.

Always mysteries to be solved.

Bill

Comment

Hi Guys
                Nice photos , i am really enjoying looking through them .
                I noticed that in post 35 the soldier on the left is wearing what looks like a US issue M41 jacket !!!!
                I could be wrong but has anybody noticed this ?
                All the best
                owen

Comment

Owen,

Welcome to this thread.....If you read my posting on #35 I mention that one of them is wearing a GI M41 Jacket.

Bill

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                  Hi Guys
                  Nice photos , i am really enjoying looking through them .
                  I noticed that in post 35 the soldier on the left is wearing what looks like a US issue M41 jacket !!!!
                  I could be wrong but has anybody noticed this ?
                  All the best
                  owen

Comment

Bill!

nice photos, I especially liked the dust covers on the 98K's

Jim

Comment

Interesting thread and as always nice pictures of you Bill.

I will attach my latest find and i hope it´s ok? I dont wanted to start a new thread, think it fits very well in here. Image is from an album of Feldgendarm serving with SV 287/288 in africa.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Jim (PzV) Thanks!! See you at Flonheim!!

Christian,

Excellent photo and I agree it fits very well on this thread. Thanks for sharing. Bill

Comment

A few new DAK photos! New Arrival - Mar09 - DAK #1 written on reverse Mareth Linie Marz-April Egon Rittershaus
                          Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - Mar09 - DAK #2 written on reverse Mareth Linie Marz-April
                            Attached Files

Comment

New Arrival - Mar09 - DAK PK #3
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here is an interesting photo of two Afrika Korps Panzer members. One with the standard AFRIKAKORPS cufftitle and the other with a non-standard type that was probably custom made.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X