what you find when you look real close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what you find when you look real close

hello all I have this photo album from the 10th komp of the 130th inf. rgt.At first it appears to be a normal run of the mill pontoon bridge photo.... but
    Attached Files

looking closer what do we see? A couple of Panzers and a bare assed fellow on a motor cycle...
    Attached Files

Comment

cloase up of the panzers. One looks like a STuG and the other????
      Attached Files

Comment

Interesting picture. The vehicle on the left would seem to be a Kleine Panzerbefehlswagen, an unarmed Company Commanders vehicle converted from a Panzer I. The one on the right has the same running gear but lacks the extended superstructure of the command tank. Indeed, I can't see a turret either so it may be a supply vehicle. Do you have any idea where and when the picture was taken?

Peter

Comment

Peter, the photo should be during may-june 1940...Thanks for the comments! Mike
          Originally posted by petermac
          Interesting picture. The vehicle on the left would seem to be a Kleine Panzerbefehlswagen, an unarmed Company Commanders vehicle converted from a Panzer I. The one on the right has the same running gear but lacks the extended superstructure of the command tank. Indeed, I can't see a turret either so it may be a supply vehicle. Do you have any idea where and when the picture was taken?

Peter

Comment

Not sure, but I think this clip is one for Hans, could be a DB.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X