• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's...

the first sign of 26 Panzer Division.

RW

Comment

Can anyone identify this marking?
      It was found on the SdKfz 6 recovered a few days ago in Poland -> ( see: Muzeum Broni Pancernej: Sd.Kfz 6 )

Comment

Hi,

what could it be ?

Regards Nordi,

Last edited by Nordi; 08-18-2011, 02:02 PM.

Comment

what is the general meaning of mark "G"? I saw it on ss "das reich" vehicles and also their tanks
          thanks for help

Comment

I´ve seen it painted on a motorcycle sidewagon signifying a belonging to XIX panzer corps, commander Heinz Guderian. ( France)

Best regards
            Jan

Comment

My collector friend bought at the flea market this "Krad-Behälter", but can not specify the unit's emblem. Can anyone help? Many thanks in advance.
              Attached Files

Comment

staff car and kids

Heree's a staff car with curious Russian kids aroun it. There's a triangular symbol on the left front fender. Any ideas as to unit?
                Attached Files

Comment

diamond shape

Here's a photo from 1941. The guy is painting the same diamond shape that can be seen on the fender of the vehicle closest to the camera. Any idea as to unit? There's writing on the back, maybe it'll help with identification.
                  Attached Files

Comment

back of photo

Here's the back of the above image.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Help me please win MB170V

What the tactical sign?

Comment

That would the tactical symbol for a Panzer regiment/division. I have my refernece books at home and going from memoryso I may be off on a detail or two.
                        Great photo all the same!
                        Mike
                        Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                        Heree's a staff car with curious Russian kids aroun it. There's a triangular symbol on the left front fender. Any ideas as to unit?

Comment

The tactical sign you described as a triangle is for an anti-tank battalion it is not for a Panzer Regiment/Division, that would be a rhomboid.

Perhaps if you look on this marvellous site you'll be able to identify more of the markings.

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/

Comment

You are right sir! I will be dammned one day for posting without referring to my referrence books.

Mike
                            Originally posted by Alanmccoubrey View Post
                            The tactical sign you described as a triangle is for an anti-tank battalion it is not for a Panzer Regiment/Division, that would be a rhomboid.

Perhaps if you look on this marvellous site you'll be able to identify more of the markings.

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/

Comment

insignia identity

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                              That would the tactical symbol for a Panzer regiment/division. I have my refernece books at home and going from memoryso I may be off on a detail or two.
                              Great photo all the same!
                              Mike
                              Hi Mike,

Thanks for the help. Any thoughts on the photo of the guy painting the insignia on the car? Interesting, an anti tank battalion car with the kids around it.
                              Last edited by StuGIII; 09-06-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Well I wish I had been of help instead of giving bad information. Mr. Mccoubrey is quite right.
                                Thanks for contributing to the thread and as for the one emblem I do not have an example in my collection so cannot help on that score.

all the best,

Mike
                                Originally posted by StuGIII View Post
                                Hi Mike,

Thanks for the help. Any thoughts on the photo of the guy painting the insignia on the car? Interesting, an anti tank battalion car with the kids around it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X