Photo albums from Northern Norway (Narvik etc) and Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo albums from Northern Norway (Narvik etc) and Finland

I have scanned 5 albums. Some of the pages from each album you can find here. If you find some interesting photos and want to have a better look, mail me and I'll try to get you a better scan.

I wont be scanning the albums once again - so only single photos.

Albums from Norway and Finland. (Narvik area, and Troms + Petsamo)
    Over 30.000 photos from German photo albums, related to Norway

Always looking for photos and photo albums from Norway.

Tromso Airfield North Norway 1940-45

Hello Tor, recently I bought in Norway a Mercedes-Benz LG 3000 Aircraft refuelling tanker. During WW2 it was stationed on Tromso airfield and it was the only tanker there. Because I want to restaurate the tanker in original condition and there are no further original Mercedes tankers left, I'm looking for all information and pictures on this theme I can get.
    Unfortunatelly it was not possible to get to your photo albums link, perhaps do you have pictures of Tromso, or German airplanes being refuelled.
    Perhaps you know how I can get further information in Norway?

I'm very gratefull for any reply Kind regards, Hans Rinsma

Comment

Hi Hans

Have you pictures of the tanker? Details of it's history? how it came to the Netherlands? etc. etc.

I don't think i have any pictures of something like that at Skattøra (the name of Tromsø's seaplane base) but i do have photos of the base.

Regards from Tromsø

Simon
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Tromso Airfield North Norway 1940-45

Hi Simon, I allready put pictures and history on this website at Kfz 384 Mercedes-Benz LG 3000 Aircraft refuelling tanker.
        On the black and white picture you see my tanker with a ME 110, is this the same airfield you mean, or did Tromso also have a seaplane airfield?
        I'm very interested in your photo's if it is the Tromso german airfield 40 - 45 period where my tanker was stationed at that time.
        Hans Rinsma

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X