Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Harnack 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division DKiG VWAiG NKSiG

Good morning folks,

I thought I'd share a fairly recent pick up of mine and one that has to be up there with my best purchases since I started collecting (not that many years ago, but still )

These were posted on a reply in a thread of me introducing myself, but thought they deserved a thread of their own. Below is a grouping of 10 family photos of SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer Martin Harnack, who served as a company commander in the SS PzrGren Regt 8 by wars end. He passed away in the 1980s and his estate was split up and sold. These photos are from 2 separate occasions, possibly 3 (The photo in the woods with his wife looks later), some from 1940ish, the rest from mid/late 1942.

During his service with the 4th SS Polizei Division he won the DKiG, the NKSiG, and the VWAiG, among many others. Regardless of ideology, a brave man, often distinguishing himself as the leader of assault teams into enemy positions.

Many thanks and kindest regards
    Harvey
    Attached Files

Interesting group. He is profiled in Mark Yerger 'German Cross in Gold Vol 5' p212-215. A dealer on here broke up a set of his images not too long ago (2017) some were sold on here and others ended up on ebay, I cant recall if your ones are from that set or not, maybe someone else can confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by Mil-Archive View Post
      Interesting group. He is profiled in Mark Yerger 'German Cross in Gold Vol 5' p212-215. A dealer on here broke up a set of his images not too long ago (2017) some were sold on here and others ended up on ebay, I cant recall if your ones are from that set or not, maybe someone else can confirm.
      Thank you mate. I was sent a file on Harnack by a friend and I believe one of the sources may have been Yerger's book, but I only glanced at the references after reading the main bit. Who knows, maybe I'll come across a few more photos of his estate on my travels in the militaria world?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X