Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAB in wear by a Romanian NCO

Gents,

Please, can someone explain the criterias used for awarding a PAB to a foreign recipient, in this case a Romanian NCO - he already has the EK2 as well.

Many thanks,

Alex
    Attached Files

What Romanian awards is he also wearing? Do his insignia indicate what he did as a soldier?

Comment

He was in the German forces … EKII, Sudetenland with Prague Bar (I think … or it's a Crusade with a bar ?) etc. He was probably Volksdeutsch and swapped to the Romanians. He has the Award for Bravery and Manhood and the Crusade Against Bolschevism.

Ian

Comment

Other Romanians were awarded the PAB - please see attached,

Alex
        Attached Files

Comment

I have seen a few photos now of Romanians wearing their (German) PAB's high on the front left shoulder area (as seen in the first photo of this thread)...was this required as per Official Regulations or ???

*** Great photos Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
            I have seen a few photos now of Romanians wearing their (German) PAB's high on the front left shoulder area (as seen in the first photo of this thread)...was this required as per Official Regulations or ???

*** Great photos Alex
            I can't comment on Romanian regulations, but just an observation: It was not limited to the PAB. Marshal Antonescu wore his honorary Luftwaffe P/O Badge with Diamonds in the same position.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X