Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Fallschirmjäger Aufklarung Abteilung 12 POW records

Hi guys,

An old post on another forum made reference to the Nara archives containing the POW records of Fallschirm.Aufklarung.Abt.12. I am currently trying to reach informations about this unit to synthesize the real part of what can be known about this uncommon unit.

the content of the Nara datas on Pow from RG165 files. I hope someone could post them here too because they were delete from the old post.

In addition, do not hesitate to post informations if you have some about this unit.

Here is the real OOB of this unit according to Panzerwrecks and Simon Trew researchs:

Stab Hptm. Gottsche, with 1x 6×6 ex-Italian armoured car and 3x ex-Italian B4 tanks.
    1st Kp Lt v Konitz, with several Pkw and Lkw, 3x half-tracks (possibly Kettenkrad), 2x 8cm mortars and a 8,8 cm Puppchen
    2nd Kp Lt Runge, same as 1st Kp
    3rd Kp Lt Tereus, same as 1st Kp
    4th Kp Lt ? 4x 2cm flak guns plus MG’s
    5th Kp Lt Ilig, Schwere Kp with 1x 12cm Mortar, 2x Pak 40, 6xMGs, 12 Lkw
    6th Kp Lt Lanefeld, Vors Kp with 20-30 Lkw

Thank you

Regards

Okay - it's not a POW list, however this seems to be an item belonging to a named member of Fsch.Aufkl.Abt.12. It is a map case that belonged to Obj. Landwehr - or at least that was his rank when he was with 5.Komp./Fsch.Aufkl.Abt.12. He's listed all of his units, along with some dates, on the inside of the front flap.

It would be interesting if you found his name linked to this unit, as part of your research.

Regards,
    Michael
    Attached Files

Comment

Really nice iteam Sir, i will look for informations about that soldier, if i find anything, i will tell you. Anyway, thank you for sharing such a nice item !

Comment

Hi

You might get more responses if you put your query on the Fallschirmjäger forum. There are already some short threads involving Fallschirmjäger Aufklärungs Abteilung 12 on WAF. If you haven't seen them, here are a couple:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=985472

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=g%F6ttsche

Regards,
        Michael

Comment

Thank you for your advice, i already found these threads yes, but i will post a topic on the Fj section, maybe some guys have stuff or archives related to this unit.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X