Hptm. Wilhelm Florschütz RKT VolksPiBrig 47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hptm. Wilhelm Florschütz RKT VolksPiBrig 47

Hello, looking for more information on this man who was supposed to get the RK. Looking for photos/information and any known relatives would be helpful. PM me or post them here. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was awarded 9 May 1945

Florschütz, Wilhelm

Date of birth:
    September 13th, 1919 (Nürnberg)
    Date of death:
    April 22nd, 1989 (Nürnberg)

Gerdan

Comment

Accordig to the Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) his award is illegal with no official recognition.

Gerdan

Comment

It’s odd.... did he or did he not get it? Would he be entitled to wear a ‘57 RK?

Comment

Did not get it, not entitled to wear a ‘57.
          All RKs awarded after 8.5.1945 are illegal.

Comment

Yes, but he’s listed in the list of Pionier RKT’s
            Also, he survived the war, does anyone have a picture of him?

https://fareus.files.wordpress.com/2...itterkreuz.pdf

Comment

Doesn't matter what postwar list he is on.
              He was recommended for the RK 7.3.1945, but the award procedure was not complete when the war ended. OdR recognized his RK in accordance with the Dönitz decree. You can read more about the decree here:

http://www.gpedia.com/en/m/gpedia/D%C3%B6nitz-decree

Comment

An explanatory note from this site:

https://cloudflare-ipfs.com/ipfs/QmX...l#cite_note-87

42 ↑ Wilhelm Florschütz's nomination was received on 7 March 1945—according to the book "Verliehene Ritterkreuze" (Awarded Knight Crosses) on 29 March 1945—by the Heerespersonalamt (HPA—Army Staff Office). Major Joachim Domaschk approved the nomination but decided "postponed!" noting Heeresgruppe B, so according to AHA Ziff. 275 (Allgemeines Heeresamt — General Army Office). A presentation was never made. According to the Association of Knight's Cross Recipients (AKCR) the award was presented in accordance with the Dönitz-decree. This is illegal according to the Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) and lacks legal justification. The presentation date was assigned by Walther-Peer Fellgiebel.[46]

There is also 4 pages on the Axis History forum on this subject of cancelled RK holders. I hope it is okay to post this link here.

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewto...p?f=5&t=114599
                Last edited by monty; 01-29-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your post. I will read up on the subject. Florschütz and the others kinda got the ****ty end of the stick....

Comment

Florschütz, Wilhelm. Ritterkreuz am 09.05.1945 als Hauptmann und Kommandeur des I. Bataillon/Volks-Pionier-Brigade 47 (mot).

[proposal arrived at HPA on 07.03.1945 and was noted down in the book "Verliehene Ritterkreuze" on 29.03.1945; approved by Major Domaschk on 06.05.1945, but "zurückgestellt" [defered] with the remark: "Heeresgruppe B!"; this procedure is based on the order AHA 44 Ziff. 275 ; no award was made; award accepted by OdR in accordance with so-called "Dönitz-Erlass"; date determined by Fellgiebel]

Comment

Does anyone have any info on his post war life?

Comment

Desperately looking for a photo of him....

!!!HELP!!!

Comment

Can someone help me with when he enlisted? Maybe what awards he received?

Comment

I know a guy on instagram who is about 80 percent sure that he owns his tunic. It’s a beautiful tunic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X