Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DkiG winner from Panzerjäger-Abteilung

Hi Guys,

At the moment I am looking for more info about Feldwebel Walter Illas.
    I currently own his Soldbuch, Wehrpaß, EK2, Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Deutsches Kreuz in Gold and some pictures.

By looking on the internet I can find absolutely nothing about him. Any of you guys have some tips?

I will post some pictures of his "nachlass" I own here. I you would like to see more, just ask!
    Attached Files

With Soldbuch and Wehrpass you can make a very exact research of this soldier career. Put all pages here and a lot of people can help you to compile all info about this guy career.

As an example here I left you a link of a similar group in my possession and the research I did.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=986472

If you need advice or help reach me via PM

Angel

By the way, I love this group
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

I don't see a Walter Illas in the DKiG lists.....what unit was he with and is the award entered in his Soldbuch and/or Wehrpaß?

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

I don't see him on the list either, but maybe because it was in the last days of the war, it was a field decoration and it wasn't properly documented?

Also I am interested in finding out what he did after the war and maybe where I can find more pictures of him(wartime or after).
        Attached Files

Comment

More pictures
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you post page 3 and hospital ones from the Soldbuch? Also all his leaves.

A very intriguing piece you have there, purchased from a dealer o directly form the family?

Cheers

Angel
            Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Thank you for helping me here Angel!
              This is all I can take pictures of. Some of the pages are sticked together and I don't want to damage the Soldbuch more than it already is... It's in really bad condition.

I bought it at an auction. I don't know if comes directly from the family or from another collector/dealer..
              Attached Files

Comment

Later today I try my best to help you.

Angel

Comment

Hello !

For me, there are some very interesting aspects with this group :

a) abbrevation Unteroffizier i.W. :
                  Is that short for : im Waffenmeisterdienst ?

b) the stamp on WP p. 21 :
                  It says something :
                  ... ist berechtigt ... abzeichen "2 gekreuzte Schwerter" ohne Umrandung zu tragen.
                  Could someone perhaps explain what this Abzeichen is and what is the difference: mit/ohne Umrandung ?

c.1) Certainly interesting is his wounding on 16.7.44, which must have happened, while
                  he was still at the Waffenmeisterschule I, Berlin-Treptow.

c.2) The entry for KVK II and EK II only two days later, signed by a Generalmajor !
                  I have never seen an entry in a Wehrpass signed by a General !!
                  (Kdr. of the school was at that time Gm. Walter Bruns, and it looks to me the signature
                  could match that name.)
                  => Could those two entries be related ?!

Obviously, during Feb./March 45 he was involved in the fighting for Danzig, first with
                  542. VGD, later with 12. Lw.Felddivision.
                  (From mid March onward both were together under XXIII. AK.)

For more details on these battles, I can recommend a book by Pantenius : Letzte Schlacht an der Ostfront.

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

I can't put my finger on it, but i'm getting a strange feeling. I hope i'm wrong.
                    Anyone able to identify any of the 1945 signatures?
                    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

The last few awards on page 22 look to be signed by Major Konrad Dunkel. He was the Kdr of Panzerjäger-Abteilung 1542. He died 20 Febr. 1945 and received the Ritterkreuz on 28 Febr. 1945. I havn't got his signature to compare.

When i look at the list of high awards for the 542 Division, i can see that there are other soldiers who received the DKIG or RTK on a later date then this soldier but are listed.. Even from the same Panzerjäger-Abteilung. Why would this soldier not be on it? January 1945 isn't that late.
                      Last edited by Admiraal; 10-16-2019, 08:17 AM.
                      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
                      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
                      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

There are only 2 Options, 1 it wasn't properly documented that he was awarded with it 2, someone did a good Job with it. I would put my Money on Option Nr.2.
                        WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by Archi View Post
                          Hello !

For me, there are some very interesting aspects with this group :

a) abbrevation Unteroffizier i.W. :
                          Is that short for : im Waffenmeisterdienst ?

b) the stamp on WP p. 21 :
                          It says something :
                          ... ist berechtigt ... abzeichen "2 gekreuzte Schwerter" ohne Umrandung zu tragen.
                          Could someone perhaps explain what this Abzeichen is and what is the difference: mit/ohne Umrandung ?

c.1) Certainly interesting is his wounding on 16.7.44, which must have happened, while
                          he was still at the Waffenmeisterschule I, Berlin-Treptow.

c.2) The entry for KVK II and EK II only two days later, signed by a Generalmajor !
                          I have never seen an entry in a Wehrpass signed by a General !!
                          (Kdr. of the school was at that time Gm. Walter Bruns, and it looks to me the signature
                          could match that name.)
                          => Could those two entries be related ?!

Obviously, during Feb./March 45 he was involved in the fighting for Danzig, first with
                          542. VGD, later with 12. Lw.Felddivision.
                          (From mid March onward both were together under XXIII. AK.)

For more details on these battles, I can recommend a book by Pantenius : Letzte Schlacht an der Ostfront.

Best regards,

Archi
                          a) Yes, I think so.. but I'm not sure!
                          b) The stamp says:
                          I hat vom ... bis ... am 22. kriegslehrgang für unteroffiziere im waffenmeisterschaft mit erfolg teil-genommen und ist berechtigt, die dienststellungsabzeichen "2 gekreuzte gewehre" eine umrandung zu tragen.

I don't know what the difference is. I suppose that it's a badge for excellent marksmanship or something?

c1) That is indeed interesting. It says: "Splitter rechtes Gesäß" which means "Splinter right buttock"...(poor sucker)
                          c2) I will get into that! Would be very cool!

Comment

Can you show pages 6-7, 8, 18-19, 20-21 and 24 please?

I don't have a comfortable feeling about this group at all.... I would look to see other entries that confirm the unit and where he was supposed to be on some dates.

Thanks,
                            Ian
                            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X