X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medic Oberleutnant zur See identification

Anyone can recognize this man, please?

Thank you !

He's WWI veteran Oberleutnant zur See clearly serving on smaller ships/boats. I see nothing to suggest he's a medical officer.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
      He's WWI veteran Oberleutnant zur See clearly serving on smaller ships/boats. I see nothing to suggest he's a medical officer.
      I bought from Jose his medical medal bar and there are two DRK medals.

Comment

He's a seagoing officer, not a medical officer, DRK decorations were not restricted to medical personnel. If he was a KM medical officer you would see the medical insignia on his sleeve rather than the star of a sea officer.

I would say a reserve officer called up for the war
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

He's a seagoing officer, not a medical officer, DRK decorations were not restricted to medical personnel. If he was a KM medical officer you would see the medical insignia on his sleeve rather than the star of a sea officer.

I would say a reserve officer called up for the war

Comment

That confirms he wasn't a career officer. In any case, identifying him will be virtually impossible unless some of his paperwork happens to be out there.

Comment

That confirms he wasn't a career officer. In any case, identifying him will be virtually impossible unless some of his paperwork happens to be out there.
              what do you mean: "a career officer?"

Comment

He served in WW1, then left the service and rejoined in WW2. In other words, the navy wasn't his career profession.

Comment

thank you for enlightenment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X