Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

613 (?) unit ring

Good day, Gentlemen.

Some time ago this ring appeared on one of the sites. I saw this ring much earlier in one of the forums. Ring supposedly came to previous owner together with Kriegsmarine items (which may of course be only coincidence).

Anyone has an idea what this number "613" may mean on the ring? I suspect it may be a unit number or something like that. Ringband is clearly WWII period. Silver (stated as marked 935 inside the band, but no clear photo to confirm).

One opinion to this day states it may be 'G13', not '613'. Not cleares anything tho.

Thaks in advance for each opinion and response.
    Attached Files

Assuming it does belong with the other KM items, they might give you a clue but U-613 and Marine Artillerie abteilung 613 are possible, the latter i think more likely.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank You, Simon.

Assuming colour of enamel is of particular meaning and if based on the system of LW rings, where each colour of front plate enamel means corps colour and some Heer rings with same system regarding the front rim of ring, plate colour may mean:

Heer Vehicle troops (Kraftfahrparktruppen) (blue)
      Heer Supply troop (Nachschubtruppe) (blue)
      Heer Military medical service (Sanitätstruppe) (dark-blue)

LW Transport units (Transporteinheiten) (light blue)
      LW reserve (Luftwaffenreserve) (light blue)
      LW medical corps (Sanitätstruppe) (blue)

Kriegsmarine (in general)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X