SS Untersturmführer Gunther Lobbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Untersturmführer Gunther Lobbert

Trying to find information on Waffen SS Untersturmführer Gunther Lobbert DOB 08/07/1924 SS no 495892 Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Dates in brackets indicate he held a rank or assignment *as of* the date given.

Günter Löbbert
    SS-Untersturmführer

Born: 08.07.1924 in Wattingen.

SS-Nr.: 495 892(V)

Promotions:
    [00.10.1942] SS-Sturmmann
    [Precise intervening ranks unknown.]
    01.10.1944 SS-Untersturmführer

Known Assignments:
    [00.10.1942] Assigned to 3.Batterie/SS-Flak-Abteilung/SS-Kavallerie-Division.
    [00.10.1944] Assigned to 5. Kompanie/SS-Flak-Abteilung 1/1. SS-Panzer-Division „Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler“.

Best wishes,
    ~ Mike

Comment

Would this be your research Mike or Mr J P Moore's excellent Führer list your quoting from ?

Comment

Source is the "Führerliste", yes, but that's not a work of original research. With the exception of dates of death that are sometimes found on Moore's CD's, that data is freely available on microfilm from NARA. I located the SS-Ustuf. promotion date on a listing from said microfilm (not using anything from Moore as a source), and personally added the "(V)"- indicating he entered SS service during wartime and therefore with RuSHA racial examination postponed for the duration of the war- to his SS-Nr. Moore omits the "(V)", although it's a designator that appears in almost all SS-Nr's. from around SS-Nr. 400.000 and higher. I also fleshed out the unit designations from the sometimes inaccurate (out of date) designations used by Moore. Case in point, he referred to this officer as having been assigned to SS-Flak-Abteilung 8 as of October 1942. That was not the designation used at that time, because the SS-Kav.Div. was not given a number (as 8. SS-Kavallerie-Division "Florian Geyer" until 22 October 1943). It was simply known as SS-Flak-Abteilung/SS-Kavallerie-Division in October 1942.

Here's another example:

Lödding, Wilhelm Ostuf. 27. 1.06 7 883 6.SS-Panzerarmee 1.45 15. 9.91
        Ostuf. Horst Nachsch.5 7.44
        Uscha. 5./Pz.GR.9 9.40

He refers to "Pz.GR.9", meaning "SS-Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 9 'Germania'". Of course the term "Panzer-Grenadier" was not in use as of September 1940-- that didn't happen for another two years. And although this officer was serving with "Germania" in September 1940, it wasn't numbered (as SS-Pz.Gr.Rgt. 9 "Germania") until 1943.

All that said, I have long found the "Führerliste" to be a valuable resource, mainly as a starting point for further research on an officer. This is why I happily agreed to advertise the product on my website when Mr. Moore requested I do so 19 years ago.

~ Mike
        Last edited by Michael Miller; 05-30-2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Small correction to the above (due to misplaced parenthesis):

That was not the designation used at that time, because the SS-Kav.Div. was not given a number (as 8. SS-Kavallerie-Division "Florian Geyer") until 22 October 1943.

~ Mike
          Last edited by Michael Miller; 05-31-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

It's been almost three weeks, JK53.

I answered your question. Have you a response to my answer?

Best wishes and thanks in advance,
            ~ Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X