No announcement yet.

Tracing requests are now done through the bundesarchiv rather than the dd-WASt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracing requests are now done through the bundesarchiv rather than the dd-WASt

Hi everyone, I just wanted to make a little thread giving you all an update on how dd-WASt tracing requests are being done as of the beginning of this year. During the beginning of this year the dd-WASt had all of their records on servicemen during the third Reich era transferred over to the bundesarchiv. This was done to help shorten the length time tracing requests would take. The webpage for tracing requests is now at this url.

https://www.bundesarchiv.de/EN/Conte...ezogen-en.html

The process to do a tracing request is a bit more detailed now and has a different process of being sent through.

I sent over a few tracing requests back at the beginning of the year and already heard back that one of them was complete. It only took 3-4 months which is a massive improvement over how long I heard it took in the past. (In the past I have heard it took up to two years for some people). Anyways, hope this information is helpful to you all.

Cheers, Will

Great research info. Thanks for sharing. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ItsWillCmp View Post
      Hi everyone, I just wanted to make a little thread giving you all an update on how dd-WASt tracing requests are being done as of the beginning of this year. During the beginning of this year the dd-WASt had all of their records on servicemen during the third Reich era transferred over to the bundesarchiv. This was done to help shorten the length time tracing requests would take. The webpage for tracing requests is now at this url.

https://www.bundesarchiv.de/EN/Conte...ezogen-en.html

The process to do a tracing request is a bit more detailed now and has a different process of being sent through.

I sent over a few tracing requests back at the beginning of the year and already heard back that one of them was complete. It only took 3-4 months which is a massive improvement over how long I heard it took in the past. (In the past I have heard it took up to two years for some people). Anyways, hope this information is helpful to you all.

Cheers, Will
      How are they with the personal info? were you a family member or on what ground did you made the requests?

In the past i did not get much info due to the fact that i was not a family member of the soldier(s).
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Admiraal View Post
        How are they with the personal info? were you a family member or on what ground did you made the requests?

In the past i did not get much info due to the fact that i was not a family member of the soldier(s).
        I have not received the info yet, it is currently in the process of being sent over to me. It was for a DKiG recipient who I am not related to. Ill post that info once I eventually get it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X