VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Wehrmacht CARS - INFORMATION.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Wehrmacht CARS - INFORMATION.

Hello everyone!
    I need information about Whermacht cars - which were used by Generals!
    I found old Horch and Mercedes, which was captured by Sovier troops in 1943.
    Cars was used by German generals.
    I have the chassis numbers of these cars.
    Where I can find information about the history of these machines in the Wehrmacht from 1939 to 1943? Who can help me with this?

There were no particular makes or types of cars used specifically by higher staff and you won't be able to link a car's chassis number to a particular senior officer, though you would expect the more luxurious car types to have been used by senior staff.

The best that would be possible is if by some miracle there survives quartermaster or workshop documentation that recorded a vehicle's details along with the unit/headquarters it was issued to. I have seen similar things on rare occasions here in Norway, but here a lot of paperwork survived. That is not the case in the East.

If you have more information like model, period photographs of the cars, exactly where and when they were captured, original number plates etc. there may be more of a chance.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X