MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7. / II./RGT 23 Schluchtmann - what unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7. / II./RGT 23 Schluchtmann - what unit?

Dear friends,

I have a very nice and very full Soldbuch of an Luftwaffe-Unteroffizier of the Flak Branch.

His last unit of 1945 is mentioned as

"7./II./RGT 23 Schluchtmann" (that´s what is written in the Soldbuch page 17.

7th Company 2nd Bataillon Regiment 23 is clear, but I cand find a Regiment 23 Schluchtmann.

I think it is Oberst Ernst Schluchtmann, CO of the 20. Flak-Division, but he never has been the CO of a Flak Regiment in 1945.

So the question to the experts, what unit was the "RGT 23 Schluchtmann" and where did it fought?

Regards
    Frank

What was his field unit prior to this and are there any stamps or other entries which might give more information?

Perhaps easiest just to post the relevant pages.

From the information you give i there may be one slim possibility. Schluchtmann was commander of the XIX Flak Brigade late 44 early 45 and for about 6 weeks feb-mar 45 also Flakeinstazstab Ost which, if i understand it correctly was involved with transferring units from the west to the east. So, if he had previously been with a flak unit in the west and seeing as II./Flak Rgt. 23 was in Kurland, perhaps it refers to this transfer?
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

This the Soldbuch page

Comment

Really late then, Flak Ersatz Abteilung 38 was based in Linz and the 20 Flak division wasn't too far away i believe, further SE by the Hungarian border, at least in February.

This is so late and the situation so confused the unit designation may be wrong. Perhaps II./Flak Abt. 25 and the 20 Flak division may have been reduced to a kampfgruppe by this time.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X