Deutsche Dienststelle now part of the Bundesarchiv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsche Dienststelle now part of the Bundesarchiv

Apparently the Deutsche Dienststelle had become part of the Bundesarchiv since January 1st 2019: https://www.bundesarchiv.de/DE/Conte...takt-wast.html

Does anybody know what this means in practis? Will the dataprotection rules stil be in place, or will it now be possible to request lists of casualties per unit, etc? Will is be possible to contduct research there, or to pay a researcher to conduct research?

Thanks

JL

Interesting that this bit of info, that could litteraly be a revolution when it comes to researching German soldiers, does not seem to arouse any interest here.

JL

Comment

It certainly would be interesting to know.

Comment

It certainly does arouse my interest. But i don't know anything about it, other then what i read in the link you provided.
        I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
        Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
        My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

It also does interest me, but I didnt knew any thing about.

Comment

I managed to get a bit of insider info: apparently there is no decision yet as to what will change....

JL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X