WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Heinrich Fritz Buschmann. 9.Feld-Division (L)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Heinrich Fritz Buschmann. 9.Feld-Division (L)

I am assisting my childhood friend research the military history of her grandfather, Heinrich Fritz Buschmann (DOB: 04Oct1891). It is also of great personal interest to me as I was brought up with the family.

The granddaughter has some of his military insignia & awards from one of his tunics, but her father did not talk much about the war years due to the trauma. He has since passed away. We have received some records from the Bundesarchiv & are awaiting any information that may be held by the Deutsche Dienststelle & German Red Cross in Munich. I have also recently purchased Mr Antonio Munoz' book 'Göring's Grenadiers' which was most helpful.

I have turned to this forum for any further information or suggestions that would assist us please. All my research to date including photographs is on the Gentleman's Military Interest Club forum under the category Germany/ Third Reich Awards Decorations & Medals.

In summary what I know is:

. The Bundesarchiv records show his name as Fritz Buschmann.
    . The granddaughter was told he was reported as missing. No further communication was received. Her grandmother used to attend the trains that brought back released German POWs from the Soviet Union, to no avail.
    .The Bundesarchiv records consist of 10 pages dated from 4 May 1943 to 17 July 1943 concerning training & evaluations of Hptm. d. R. z. V. Fritz Buschmann Geb.dat. 4.10.91, Lw. At that time he had the rank of Hauptmann with seniority of 1 January 1942. He was assessed as unsuitable as a Battalion leader, & assigned as a divisional supply leader in the 9. Luftwaffen-Felddivision. The granddaughter has a recollection that she was told by her father that he was a Major when he was reported missing.
    The granddaughter has a recollection her father said that he flew Luftwaffe transport aircraft & was involved in the Stalingrad airlift. She was told he was Prussian, her father was born in Lübeck (Fritz Dieter Buschmann) in 1929. She was told that he was a businessman in Berlin before WW2 & should not have been called up due to his age. She has 3 military photographs of her grandfather, 2 with the rank of Leutnant & 1 with the rank of Hauptmann.
    The granddaughter has a set of her grandfather's Hauptmann shoulder boards with yellow Waffenfarbe, matching collar tabs & metal Luftwaffe eagle badge. She also has two awards from the Freikorps (Baltic Cross & Maltese Cross of the Russian West Army), & WW1 awards comprising EK II, Hindenburg Cross, & a ribbon bar (EK II, Hindenburg cross, Baltic Cross, Maltese Cross of the Russian West Army, Turkish War Merit). It looks like he had an interesting military service.

Kind regards
    David

Further information on Fritz Buschmann

I recently received a response from the Bundesarchiv in Berlin who appear to have taken on the duties & records of the WASt. They have located an index card for Herr Buschmann which states he was born at Leipzig on 4.10.1891, dog tag -190-FI.H.Kp. Kbg./Nm, Feldpost L. 34112, 15.9.43 assigned 9. LW. Feld. Div., Hptm. D. Res. The received messages section of the card includes an entry 15.9.43 that appears to place him at Nikolskoye 60 km. from Leningrad. The next entry appears to be dated 23.5.51 with the number 221791 and the words Mai 44. I assume this is notification to the next of kin of the approximate date he died or went missing. The covering letter states the next of kin is Rosl B. of Berlin-Lankwitz, Tautenburgerstr. 24. I trust this is of interest to members of this forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X