Cloth Name Tag In Helmet Help Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought this lid for my collection as its the first one ive had with a hanging loop Whilst checking my new purchase out i found the cloth name tag glued to the underneath of the liner. The closest ive found with the 80th is the 334 infantry division that were sent out to Tunisia and destroyed/captured, apparently made up from the 80th Does anyone think its possible to find any info on Focht? Helmet was found recently in Germany during a house clearance . Many thanks for looking
    Attached Files

This should help with info about the unit, as for info on the specific man you’ll need a unit roster and even then it’s a slim chance

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...enter/IR80.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Stickfigure thats a great even in German i can make out that the division was started in the Rhineland and i know that this helmet came from the Koblenze area so thats a super start Now all i need is a miracle to happen and some info on the soldier

Comment

No problem it’s a great link to have for research/unit info. Great looking helm btw! I notice it has a d-ring attached to the liner which is a great unique addition! Never seen that before!

Comment

No miracle then😂oh well. Thanks for looking folks👍

Comment

You did better than I did on my named helmet! I only got a name in mine, be lucky you have a name AND UNIT!! That’s all anyone can really ask for

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X