Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2./KGrzbV x (Luftwaffe JU 52 Unit)

2./KGrzbV x
    Looking for information on this outfit; specifically what they might have been up to in October / November 1942. I suspect they might have been part of the group flying supplies to Stalingrad, but have not been able to confirm this. If anyone has a reference link you can share, I would appreciate the lead!

You will need to narrow it down - there are fair few KGr zbV units:

http://www.ww2.dk/air/transport.html

Comment

As Hucks says, without knowing which unit you're looking for it's impossible.

Perhaps if you could explain the background to the question it would help?
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Thank you Simon and Hucks!

I had been stalled in my searching on this; figured I just did not have a good enough grasp of Luftwaffe unit notation schemes and was overlooking something obvious that one of you all here might know off the top of your head - digging through McNab's Order of Battle book did not bring clarity either.

Here is the context - researching an honor goblet for a Luftwaffe NCO Georg Brandenburg, with date of award "2.11.42" on the engraving; "9.11.42" in Patzwall's reference. I was very happy to find a bit more on him - DKiG award listed on the aircrewremembered.com database, date of award 4.6.43, while serving in unit "2./KGrzbV x" Just couldn't find anything else beyond that. Perhaps this designation is incomplete, or even just improperly entered in the database.

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
        As Hucks says, without knowing which unit you're looking for it's impossible.

Perhaps if you could explain the background to the question it would help?

Comment

The primary source for the DKiG award is Viet Scherzer's book on LW DKiG award holders, he used various lists/sources held by the Bundesarchiv which are also incomplete so that some awardees are only known by name, rank and branch.

This is a difficult one. Transport aircrew are pretty 'invisible' compared to their more glamorous colleagues in fighters or bombers.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X