JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tag named Help! 69th Regiment Hauptamt Artillery tunic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea of the owner of this beautiful tunic?
    All help is really appreciate it,
    George
    Attached Files

A good friend suggested me:

Kraft

February 1944

Comment

try

If you can flatten the label out smoothly and make an image under black light that would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
        If you can flatten the label out smoothly and make an image under black light that would be useful.
        I can try it but I have to get a new one since I broke the last one I had!

Anyway the ink will be clearer with it?

Comment

Back again with new photos ( With black light ) But lamentably ( I cannot read anything else...)
          And the military career from the 69th Artillery Regiment:

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/...rtReg/AR69.htm

Is there any officer's list from this Regiment where I can find the owner?
          Attached Files

Comment

As it is, i'm struggling to see how this tunic can be right or at least untouched. 79 makes sense, but not 69.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
              As it is, i'm struggling to see how this tunic can be right or at least untouched. 79 makes sense, but not 69.

Can you explain why? For what I know the tunic is 100 % untouched.

Comment

Well, i could ask you the same question. How do you square the story the tunic tells?
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Any help is really appreciate, or if somebody has an officer list from this 69 Artillery Regiment.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Guderian View Post
                    Any help is really appreciate, or if somebody has an officer list from this 69 Artillery Regiment.
                    I think it's going to be highly unlikely, AR 69 wasn't a homogeneous regiment, it's stab and both battalions were separate and widely spread apart with different armies.

As for the story the tunic tells. AR 69 wasn't a gebirgs artillerie unit, the pre-war battalion that became one of the battalions of GAR 79 and it's obviously not a pre-war tunic. In other words, the number 69 and the edelweiss is not a combination that fits together. I could perhaps see a transfer late-war and GAR 79 does lend itself, especially looking at the different coloured numbers. A long shot though, but officers lists from GAR 79 would be worth a look.

with regard to officer lists, the comings and goings of officers was a constant revolving door so no single list would be enough.

Comment

I think it's going to be highly unlikely, AR 69 wasn't a homogeneous regiment, it's stab and both battalions were separate and widely spread apart with different armies.

As for the story the tunic tells. AR 69 wasn't a gebirgs artillerie unit, the pre-war battalion that became one of the battalions of GAR 79 and it's obviously not a pre-war tunic. In other words, the number 69 and the edelweiss is not a combination that fits together. I could perhaps see a transfer late-war and GAR 79 does lend itself, especially looking at the different coloured numbers. A long shot though, but officers lists from GAR 79 would be worth a look.

with regard to officer lists, the comings and goings of officers was a constant revolving door so no single list would be enough.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your answer.

Completely agree with almost all you say. If you need detailed pics, I can do it, no problem.

In my honest opinion I believe in it, why not use the edelways if this guy was member of the Gar79 and earned it?

A good friend told to ask here, if some good collector had a list from this regiment or why not the Gar 79? I'm aware that is a difficult research but I always like to do it with the stuff I have ¨try to find, and understands the history¨ behind every piece.

Comment

A good friend found something:
                        Heinrich Kraft ¨Jäger/Geb.Jäger¨ was promoted Hauptamt ( Captain ) On Dec. 1st 1942. On that time he was in the Art.Regiment 5 ( Inside the 5. Jäg.Div )
                        Artillery Regiment 5:
                        http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gli ... derung.htm

After that We don't know when he was transferred to the 69th Artillery Regiment.

Any other info?

Comment

I've had that tunic in my hands and except for the eagle I recall everything being originally sewn to it or at least being there for a long time. It is a nice combat tunic.
                          As for the owners tag name I don't think I can read Kraft and would also say that there are more letters after your guessed name.
                          Last edited by FestungSpanien; 12-23-2018, 11:42 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by FestungSpanien View Post
                            I've had that tunic in my hands and except for the eagle I recall everything being originally sewn to it or at least being there for a long time. It is a nice combat tunic.
                            As for the owners tag name I don't think I can read Kraft and would also say that there are more letters after your guessed name.

Thanks for your comments my friend!

A fellow friend suggests that the final of the surname can finish in tz better than ft.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X