Is Panzerjäger Abt. Lammers (The Same As) Panzer-Abt. Lambert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Panzerjäger Abt. Lammers (The Same As) Panzer-Abt. Lambert

During the time of late March, 1945 is it correct to assume that Panzerjäger Abteilung Lammers is the same as Panzer Abteilung Lambert? That was made up of three Jagd-panzer Kompanien 1106, 1089, and 1716.

I just stumbled upon this old thread.
    To answer your question: yes they are the same.

The unit was originally created as Panzer-Abteilung 44 in Febr. 1945 from Reserve-Panzer-Abteilung 5. It was destroyed in March 1945 in Pommern.
    The remains were incorporated in the 18. Panzer-Grenadier-Division. But the staff and supply-train of the unit was used to create a new unit, named Panzerjäger-Abteilung Lambert (Major Lambert). Jagdpanzer-Kompanie 1106 was used to create the first company. Jagdpanzer-Kompanie 1089 for the second and Jagdpanzer-Kompanie 1716 for the third company. As far as i know the creation date was 31 March 1945.

The unit fought on the Westfront and in early April 1945 it did an attack from Büttstedt towards Struth together with Panzer-Lehr-Abteilung Bergen and Heeres-Pionier-Brigade 688. The attack failed and Lambert's unit lost 15 of its 30 Hetzer tanks. They retreated into the Harz mountains and continued fighting.

I'm looking for more info on Panzer-Lehr-Abteilung Bergen. So if anyone has something.. let me know
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Oh and about the name.. Lammers and Lambert.. I thought it was a mistake. I see both names used in different sources but they are to the same unit.
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X