AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Records/Pictures for SS member (ID'ed Helmet, SS-KL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Records/Pictures for SS member (ID'ed Helmet, SS-KL)

Hello All,

I've been striking out with finding any information on a SS member "Jos" (Short for Josef/Joseph) Gotz. I've found 2 Josef Gotz: 1 is assignment is SS-KL Ausch. in 1941-42. The other was an Officer, I think this one may belong to the first.

I am referencing this on an M40 SS Helmet made in late 41/early 42, single decal SS and has that name written inside the liner (JOS GÖTZ). It was brought home by my Great Uncle in May-June 1945 while in Czech as part of the 45th Field Hospital.

http://pamiec.pl/pa/form/r5256459814801,GTZ.html

He is mentioned in the Standort- und Kommandanturbefehle des Konzentrationslagers Auschwitz 1940-1945. He Was born in Neudek Czeck. Was in the SS 1938. Rose to the rank of SS-Unterscharführer by 1942. He was awarded Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 auch: Sudetenland-Medaille medal 1938 and Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz.

I have had no luck on the warrelics.EU boards, the USAMF boards or from independent researches thus far. I have contacted the Deutschen Dienststelle (WASt) and made an inquiry as well with the IPN and other various government/non-government organizations/researchers. But I have not had any success as of yet...

Can anyone provide any insights or thoughts, photos of this man? I would like to know if anyone can please help me or provide additional information... I have 48+ research hours into this Soldier now, and very little to show. I do believe that this Soldier survived the war I am trying to get a 95% likely to prove this by ruling out other options.

PS I can e-mail photos to anyone who would like to review the helmet itself. I have reached out to Kelly Hicks of SS-Steel whom confirmed the name, and his thoughts. I am in the process of trying to get it in his hands for a proper write-up/in person evaluation. The helmet has been in my family since its being brought home, I am not interested in selling.

-Pegasus6

There was a Dr Josef Götz SS-Ustuf. SD
    and a Josef Götz in the SS-Pi.Btl.1 LSSAH

Comment

Originally posted by JK53 View Post
      There was a Dr Josef Götz SS-Ustuf. SD
      and a Josef Götz in the SS-Pi.Btl.1 LSSAH
      Sent you a PM. If you could elaborate for us all on the hunt please?

Comment

Bump. Anyone?

Comment

There are 12 SS men with the name "Josef Grötz" who have service records in the National Archives. Only one is a SS Officer. Narrowing it done to one individual is very unlikely IMO.

Regards.

RossK

Comment

Originally posted by RossK View Post
            There are 12 SS men with the name "Josef Grötz" who have service records in the National Archives. Only one is a SS Officer. Narrowing it done to one individual is very unlikely IMO.

Regards.

RossK
            Ross,

Sent you a pm. Thank you for the post, but Where did you locate that information? link? share? I struck out with the NARA website.... It shouldn't be that hard to narrow down... SS helmet with a name - Western Czech, Not carried forward by a Russian. Found in June-May 1945... It doesn't do much help if people post tidbits with no reference or additional information.

-Peg6

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X