Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzerjäger-Abteilung 363+334 armoured vehicles info

Hi All,

Anybody knows what vehicles did Panzerjäger-Abteilung 362 (not 363, wrong title) and Panzerjäger-Abteilung 334 have please?

StuG's?

cheers

Daniele
    Last edited by Daniele C; 05-14-2018, 01:40 PM.

Hello !

This is a difficult question, as I think that the organization did change a lot in 1944-45.
    Which date are you interested in ?

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Well they were infantry division panzerjäger abteilungen so had a mix of equipment, towed pak40, a flak kp. And a stug kp.

As has been said it depends on when you're interested in and which kompanie.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Just checked Nafziger and he quotes the 362 Panzerjäger abteilung consisting of just one kompanie with 12 towed PAK40 in march44. The 334 Panzerjäger abteilung had a more normal set up with one towed company of 12 PAK40, a 2cm Flak Kp. and a stug Kp.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

thanks a mil guys!

PZ JG ABT 362 in 1944/45 in Italy

PZ JG ABT 334 in Tunisia in 1943 and in Italy in 1944/1945

Would you happen to know exactly what kp was equipped with, if I give you the exact kp i m interested in?

Comment

Hello Daniele !

If you could give the number of the company, that would make things much easier.

Best regards,

Archi

Comment

Sure Archi!

1./PZ JG ABT 362 in 1944/45 in Italy

3./PZ JG ABT 334 in Tunisia in 1943 and STAB KP in Italy in 1944/1945

Comment

Hello !

PzJg.Abt. 362 :
                In accordance with Simon, this unit was in build-up in spring 1944, as in April it still didn't have a Stab/HQ-section.
                1st company was always equipped with towed heavy Pak until March 1945.
                (Scan is from Nov. 44).

PzJg.Abt. 334 :
                While in Afrika, this was a "schnelle Abt. 334" and consisted of a mix of bicycle recon companies (1.-2.)
                and 2 heavy Pak-companies, 3. (Sfl) and 4. (towed).
                In Italy, the composition was just as Simon stated :
                1. towed heavy Pak
                2. StuG (1944 Italian, but by March 45 maybe German)
                3. 2cm Flak on Sfl. (at least until Sept. 44), replaced by towed Geb.-Flak from Nov. 44 onward
                The Stabs-Kp. seemed to have ~6 italian Pz.Spwg. + some other unit, I do not know how to decipher ...
                (roughly same composition from Sept.44 - March 45, scan from March 45).

Best regards,

Archi
                Attached Files

Comment

sorry Daniele: I had read only the title 363!!

I have only info on Italy time:

Pz. Jag. Abt. 362 (or Sturmgeschutz Abteilung 1362)

the 14th of december 1942 are assigned 14 new Stug Ansaldo M42.
                  The Stug are deliverd in Verona to the 2nd Company of the Pz.Jag.Abt. in april 1944 (exactly six 75/18 and eight 75/34), on line in may 1944 south of Rome .

At the end of the month only one M42 was operative, but on 6 June 1944, again 7 tank were available. On 1 September 1944 the sourvived was increased to 10 M42. At the end of November there are only 3 stug operating on the 5 available(we are south of Bologna)
                  In the last months of the war the Pz.Jag.Abt. 362 receives another 5 75/18 and 4 75/35 (from 65 ID) and a new M43 and two command tankss (without armament),

On March 1945, there were operative 3 75/18 and 4 from 75/34 and the two command tank, and at the end of March 1945 they are finally delivered 10 new Hetzer.

ciao Oriano

Comment

Thanks!

Archi which Sfl in afrika?stug?hetzer?

Also which towed heavey pak exactly?

Thanks!

Comment

No Hetzer in Africa. Pak 7.5 cm?

Inviato dal mio SM-G903F utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Pak 75 maybe in italy the 362,

the 334 Stug in Tunisia probably then

Comment

Hello Daniele !

According 334. Inf.Div. in Afrika :
                          As this was raised as a Kriemhild-Division (variant of Walküre units), this falls into
                          my general area of interest.

Problem is the following :
                          There is little known on its formation and the transport to Africa happened in a piecemeal fashion.
                          So, if you have any further info, when and where your soldier saw action, I would be interested !

Regarding the heavy weapons of Schnelle Abteilung 334, a long search revealed :
                          In the first week of January 1943, 9 Marder I arrived for the 3. Kp :
                          https://www.feldgrau.net/forum/viewt...7efbdd#p197654
                          The 4. Kp. was equipped with 7,5cm Pak, but I do not know when those arrived.
                          I also couldn't figure out, who was Kdr. of Schn.Abt. 334 or whether this unit was always attached
                          to the 334. Inf.Div or maybe
                          was committed separately or parts were assigned to some of the many Kampfgruppen existing at that time.

The scan shows the situation of the Abt. on 1. March, 1943 : 9- Marder I, 5- 7,5cm Pak (towed).

Regarding Pz.Jg.Abt. 362, the 1. Kp. likely had towed 7,5cm Pak.

Best regards,

Archi
                          Attached Files

Comment

PErfect thank you Archi!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X