Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

197 Inf. Division, J.R. 321,putting a Name to a EK2 recipient

Hi Guys,
    This could be either quite rewarding or a complete none starter Some detective work needed here

I will add a picture of a an EK2 document that i have just acquired and for whatever reason has been ripped in two,sadly most of the recipients name is missing,especially the surname but it tells us his First Name is Kurt and his last name begins with a D ,he was Soldier in Jager Regt. 321 ,part of the 197 Inf. Div., and he was awarded the EK2 on the 25th Oct 1941 you can see the Divisional stamp 197 and a beautiful ink signature of RKT General Johann Meyer-Rabingen who was commander of the 197 Inf. Division

So the 64,oooDollar question is would it be possible from this info to find out who this guy name was?? any help would be appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Bob
    Attached Files

It is not impossible but it all comes down to what remains in the archives. If the division's KTB for the period is available in the archive then that diary just might contain a list of those recommended for the EK but it could just as easily not contain one.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
      It is not impossible but it all comes down to what remains in the archives. If the division's KTB for the period is available in the archive then that diary just might contain a list of those recommended for the EK but it could just as easily not contain one.
      Thanks for your reply,would be nice to find out

Cheers

Bob

Comment

Considering that an infantry Regiment could have around 3000 men and that award recommendations rarely survive i would say your chances are very slim indeed.

By the way, it's an infantry and not a jäger regiment.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
          Considering that an infantry Regiment could have around 3000 men and that award recommendations rarely survive i would say your chances are very slim indeed.

By the way, it's an infantry and not a jäger regiment.
          OK Simon,Thank you for your reply,oh well at least it has a great ink Signature of an RKT

BR

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post
            OK Simon,Thank you for your reply,oh well at least it has a great ink Signature of an RKT

BR

Bob

Can you make out the first letter of the rank?
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
              Can you make out the first letter of the rank?
              Hi Simon,I'll have a good luck when I have it in hand,should be around a weeks time, i'll get it under the loupe and let you know

Thanks

Bob

Comment

A little later than planned

Well under a loupe it is defo a W so Wachtmeister or Waffenmeister

Cheers

Bob

Comment

Well Wachtmeister is not a rank to be found in a regular infantry regiment. Waffenmeister is a possibility for sure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X