Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight cross holder Wolfhard Wicke

Hello,

i got this nice picture from the widdow of a friend of Hauptmann Wolfhard Wicke. It was easy to find date and unit and surprisingly he came from the village next to mine. But i couldn t find anything else in the net. Does anyone knows the reason for awarding the knight cross or what happen to his estate?
    Thanks and best regards.
    Detlev
    Attached Files

From Seelower Tageblatt 13. Februar 1943.

"Oberleutnant Wolfhart Wicke, am 25.9.1919 als Sohn des Studienrats Arnold W. in Oberurfel geboren, stieß bei den Kämpfen im Dongebiet Ende Dezember nach Abwehr eines feindlichen Angriffs an der Spitze eines Stoßtropps rasch entschlossen dem weichenden Gegner nach und vernichtete dabei ein bolschewistisches Bataillon."

/ Daniel J
    Last edited by jul208; 10-20-2017, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jul208 View Post
      From Seelower Tageblatt 13. Februar 1943.

"Oberleutnant Wolfhart Wicke, am 25.9.1919 als Sohn des Studienrats Arnold W. in Oberurfel geboren, stieß bei den Kämpfen im Dongebiet Ende Dezember nach Abwehr eines feindlichen Angriffs an der Spitze eines Stoßtropps rasch entschlossen dem weichenden Gegner nach und vernichtete dabei ein bolschewistisches Bataillon."

/ Daniel J

Misspelled "Oberurfel" - correct is Oberursel.

Comment

Hello Daniel,

thank you very much for the usefull informarion.

Best regards
        Detlev

Comment

Hi
          I'm sorry to dig up the subject but I'm looking for the unit of this man when he was killed near my home on 13 August 1944 if someone has information in advance thank you
          Best regards
          Cote262

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X