LAH Pionier Unit Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH Pionier Unit Question

I am going through Oberturmbannfuhrer Lehmann's history of the Leibstandarte. I am particularly interested in the actions of the 2nd Kompanie of the Pionier Bataillon and i am trying to follow their movements.

In many of the Divisional Orders the role of the Pionier Bataillon is described as follows,

"The Pionier Bataillon LSSAH is to subordinate one Kompanie to the reinforced 2. Panzer Grenadier Regiment and is to stand ready in the area of Lutschki for expanding paths through the mine fields."

This being said, would it normally be the 2. Kompanie of the Pionier Bataillon that would accompany the reinforced 2. Panzer Grenadier Regiment? Was it the practice to subordinate the individual Pionier Kompanie to the Grenadier Regiments of the same number (ie 1. Pi. Komp with 1. Pz Gren Rgt, and 2 Pi. Komp with 2. Pz Gren Rgt)?

Are there any other printed works someone could recommend on the LAH Pionier Bataillon?

Many thanks!

No. It depends on the tactical situation, the strength of each company, experience of leadership, as each unit has to contend with combat losses. Also, it depends on the officers and NCO from the 19(Pi)./SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt.2 affiliation with the officers and NCOs from the other companies.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X